17 - Spring

The cold was taking over Gotham, as the bright sun split the grey clouds that were lingering over the people. Windows of great towers were covered in frozen patterns. They almost looked like snowflakes pressed on them. They were beautiful.

(Y/N) could look at them the whole say long. The warmth of Arthur's body under the sheets were crawling up her legs, his hands slowly caressing her stomach in circular motions. A sensation that could easily be compared to spring. Something was growing. Out of nothing. Flowers were blooming over a dried out meadow, and the trees gave birth to new leaves. The grey world was dipped in colour again, and the world transformed. Because first, there was nothing, that transformed into something.

You are thinking about the baby again. She caught herself overthinking, in a good way. What if you are not pregnant? Now she was overthinking in a bad way. Why bad? You can make a baby multiple times...She got flustered in a way. That can happen really quickly. Just looking at how this ended up. (Y/N) didn't think about protection at the time. All that mattered was Arthur and her close together. They just wanted to make love and didn't think about anything else. That hopefully wasn't the last time it would happen.

After some while, (Y/N) figured that it would be good to have another opinion. Nobody knew about it yet after all. But why tell somebody if you are not sure yet? (Y/N) frowned. Her hormones were messing with her already. What could go wrong? You just need somebody you trust.

So she painfully struggled out of Arthur's grip, not really wanting to get up. But since she was at it right now, why stop?

"Hey...What are you doing, teddy?"

"I...did you just call me fat?"

Arthur looked at her with a shocked expression, fumbling with his words. (Y/N) stopped him.

"I'm just kidding, Love."

He chuckeled and the stress left his body again.

"But for real though.", Arthur sat up and looked her in the eyes. He carefully grabbed her hand and squeezed it right.

"Where are you going?"

It was clear that the didn't really approve of her leaving. She couldn't blame him though. Imagine holding the Source of heat only for it to be torn away from you. But now freezing Arthur was just one of (Y/N)'s problems. Was she going to tell him the truth? Why not? It's no big deal to tell somebody. But it's the Jokers baby. And the Joker is a god in here. How were people going to react? Are they safe? What if the informations spread around?

She realized that he was the baby daddy, what meant that he also had a right to decide about that. (Y/N) slapped herself in her mind. Common sense, dumbass.

"Can you help me with something?"

Even though she just stood up, she sat back down again and immediately felt the heat again. Arthur was hot, literally. His body felt like a heater, and she wasn't able to resist his heat. So she fell into his arms and they cuddled again.

"Of course, honey."

"I want to tell somebody. Make it almost official. Maybe even buy a test. I am so proud of this and I can't hold it in any longer."

Arthur listened and smiled.

"You can be very proud. Fuck, we made that.", he said as he softly stroked her stomach. He continued.

"Sure. Go and tell somebody. But someone who can stay silent like a grave. We don't know, if this is real or not."

(Y/N) chuckled at his amazement. He was adorable. Just now she saw, how much this meant to him. He took care of her every day. Tried to soothe the pain everytime she felt miserable. Stroked her stomach, everyday, waiting for a little bump to appear on her soft skin. It was heartwarming. And (Y/N) realized that she didn't praise him enough for it.

"Arthur, I want to tell you something. And I know, you don't agree with everything I say, but I just want you to listen right now."

She cupped his face.

"You. Are. The. Best. Thing. That. Has. Ever. Happened. To. Me. And I am here to tell you over and over again. I love you to death and I would never ever think about hurting or leaving you. You are loved. And you are doing amazing. I love you, Arthur."

Arthur just looked at her. (Y/N) believed that tears were welling up in his eyes. He showed emotions. And even though he didn't say anything back, (Y/N) exactly knew, what was going on in his head right now. She gave him a kiss on his forehead and stood up again.

"I will be right back. And I promise: Our Maybe-Baby is in safe hands."

With that she left the room and left Arthur alone with his thoughts. Suddenly, his emotions started taking over and he bursted out in tears, crying uncontrollably. He was so happy to have (Y/N) in his life. He could've never ever imagined an better way, his life could've gone. It was truly a fairy tale at it's finest. Oh, (Y/N), my love.

He curled up in his bed at cried out of happiness, taking in her warmth and sent of the sheets. It was almost therapeutical. His cold and black heart was drenched in her scent and warmth. Something was growing in him. Something beautiful.

As he eventually calmed down, he saw the frosty pattern on the window. They reminded her of (Y/N). They were beautiful.