14 - Catastrophe

One

He ran to her.

Two

He pulled her down.

Three

He shot.

Three seconds that decided between life or death. Three seconds.  Everything seemed to go down in slow motion. And (Y/N) saw every single but of it. How Arthur pushed her down. How he tried to protect her by putting his arms around her. How the bullet grazed his shoulder.

He screamed in Agony, but went off to attack his opponent almost immediately. (Y/N) felt her soul leave her body.

"Stay down! Don't get up! I dare you, (Y/N)!", he screamed and (Y/N) obeyed. Not only because he told her to, but because she wasn't capable of doing anything else. Shock took over her body, and she shivered entirely. All she could do was to put her Keyring in her hand, and just shut her ears. That didn't do much, since she heard gunshots, that were fired into the sky, anyways. Tears took control over her eyes. She couldn't hold back anything, so the gunshots mixed with her screams and whimpers. This is what hell must sound like.

The rest of the people have already escaped the warehouse, so it was a showdown between Arthur and-

"That little Motherfucker. You don't deserve to breathe, Paul."

"Maybe I don't. But I survived. You want to know how?"

Instead of answering, (Y/N) just heard gunshots, Paul shot into the air again. She immediately cramped up and pulled her knees closer to her body and hands tighter on her ears. The keychain pushed into her soft skin, making her bleed. As she felt the warm liquid flow down her ear, she heard another thing. Without actually seeing what happened, she heard it. And hell, she could see and feel it.

She didn't know how Arthur managed to protect himself from previous attacks, but what she knew is that he couldn't have dodged this one. His screams filled the giant complex, and (Y/N) just answered with screams. Her mind went into the place of total fear, and all she could do was cry. Cry, because Arthur just got shot. She couldn't see it, but his pain somehow transferred to her. Arthur's screams where followed by a light bump on the ground. He fell.

"I survived because you missed. Even though, I was bleeding endlessly, I still managed to survive. I guess, something didn't want me dead yet."

Muffled Words were coming out of Arthur's mouth, as he tried to answer.
But he failed at talking,failed at doing anything but laying down and suffering.

He was coming. (Y/N) heard his footsteps come up the stairs. Her eyes, that were squeezed shut, didn't want to meet his gaze. She felt like a failure. She failed at saving Arthur.
And Arthur was everything for her. If he died now, (Y/N) would lose everything. Her everything.

"Don't be sad, little one. I didn't kill him! He gave me a home after all. I will always be thankful for that."

He kneeled down and grabbed her wrist brutally.

"We are gonna have so much fun!", he screamed as he pulled her up to him.

"The things I did to you, when you were out...I feel the adrenaline rush through my veins! ", he now tried to drag her behind her, pulling her down the stairs. (Y/N) couldn't do anything. She felt paralysed.

"(Y/N)...", she just heard Arthur breathe out in pain. It wad almost a whisper, but she heard it.

Next thing she heard was another gunshot.

But Paul didn't shoot.

Arthur didn't shoot.

"Die you little son of a bitch! Wont survive this time!", Dustin screamed, as Paul started to tremble and fall down the stairs, bullet through his head.

(Y/N) didn't think about, how he got the gun.

(Y/N) didn't think about how he managed to shoot him from the distance. 

(Y/N) also didn't think about how he knew that Paul was evil.

All that (Y/N) could think about was Arthur.

She struggled out of Paul's loosened grip and sprinted down the stairs. There was no time to say thank you to Dustin. And when she saw him laying in a puddle of blood on the ground, her heart sunk.

"Arthur...No, Arthur...Arthur!", she kneeled down to him and cupped his face in between her hands. He looked exhausted, tired.

"Hi Baby...", he said.

(Y/N) examined his body and put his head on her lap. His right shoulder got damaged. The dark orange colour of his suit now turned into blood red, one grazed his shoulder, the other one went through.

She had to act quick. But that wasn't so easy, if the love of your life is the person that's on the ground, bleeding. The sight of it was horrible, and the tears didn't stop falling down her face. Quick, detective instincts! (Y/N) did the only thing that seemed useful right now. The old shirt that Arthur gave her, now had to serve as a pressure bandage, so she took it off and and wrapped it around his shoulder.

Arthur almost forgot about the pain when he met the sight of a beautiful woman, who was now only wearing underwear as a top. That beautiful woman being (Y/N) made everything even better.

"Holy shit...", he cursed under his breath.

And between all her tears,.There was a slight laugh. And that was enough for him. Making her laugh was  blessing.

"Stop crying, angel...", he whispered and attempted to stroke her cheek.

She however lead his hand down again.

"Rest.", she tried to stay calm.

"How's the weather, Arthur?"

"Well, the sun went down and a catastrophe occured, byt it's nothing big. You are here and that's what matters."

And she laughed again.
______________________

Thanks for reading! We have so may reads and votes, I could cry :')

Thank you! You are awesome♡