three

From now on I'm referring to Keith as Yorak as a female.

---

When Yorak awoke, she was quick to look around.

"Oh yeah... I chose the Empire."

Her mind briefly wandered to Voltron before she was pulled away from the thoughts again by something. She ignored the feeling and sat up. She let her eyes wander around to something that resembled a clock.

If she was right, then it was early in the morning.

She sat up and hopped off the bed, finding a uniform on the desk nearby. It was one of Lotors general uniforms. She glanced arouns the room next and recognized it as Lotors bedroom.

Was this where she was going to sleep from now on? With Lotor? She had no idea. And Yorak didn't want to find out just yet.

After changing into the outfit, she left the bedroom and took a peek around the nearest corner. She had a feeling she was supposed to be going sonewhere, but where was the question.

Yorak followed her instincts and began twisting and turning down random hallways that all looked uniform, save for some lights beinf dimly lit, or something being out of place, or the occassional crack in the wall.

Eventually, she stopped.

Outside a door too. There were voices on the inside, very faint but still present. She placed her hand on the pad beside the door and watched it silently slide open. When she stepped through, Lotor came into view, along with many other Galrans dressed in lab coats. "Ah, Yorak, you're here. On your own too, which means you've passed the first test."

First test?

"Before you ask, you're going to take a series of tests usually given to young Galrans, or kits, to help bring out their inner Galra. You've passed test one, which was to test out how accurate your sense of direction is even in new environments, so, you followed your Galran instincts and arrived here."

Lotor was now beside her, arm around her body and leading her further into the room. "Now, for the next test-"

-

It was day eleven and the tests have been going on.

The two worked on trying to bring out any Galran features for hours in a single day. They would hardly take breaks.

Because as determined as Lotor was, Yorak was equally determined to become a full pledged Galra in the Empire. She wanted to be worthy of the title of one of Lotor's generals. And she wanted to earn his place and get others to respect her.

-

It was the seventeenth day when the first of her Galran features had popped out.

She wasn't even in the training room or the lab where most of the experiments and tests were ran. All she was doing was taking a bath for the night before she would sleep. Lotor was just outside the bathroom, waiting for his turn, on his bed.

When it happened.

A scream came from the bathroom, startling the prince and forcing him to stand and run in. He didn't even realize she was still in the shower, body naked, until she screamed again and faced the front of her body to the wall, opposite of Lotors eyes.

And he saw them.

Two large and fluffy ears rest on top of her head, flat against the top. A tail swished almost nervously behind her body.

"I look like a cat!"

Lotor stared at her body longer. Not in a weird way, just curious, taking in the new features. "If I may ask... What exactly is a cat?"