Chapter 8

JUNIYA POV

Lorelei splashes me awake. "Yo Juni," she says, splashing water at me. I hiss. Well it's not me that hisses. I'm cussing wildly in my language. It's my skin that hisses, clouds rising from it. In a state of evaporation. I'm left with salt burning on my skin.

"Made of fire, Lorelai. You can't do that unless you want intense fog. Ick, and I feel really de-energized too."

"Sorry," She apologizes sincerely, a distressed look crossing her pretty features. "I forgot that. Does it hurt?"

"Not unless it's holy water." I think aloud. "And that's hard to come by, so no. But it itches and it really drains my energy. I need some gasoline or some form of grease," I complain. My eyes immediately grow dark circles. "Well rested, my foot."

Lorelai goes through her cove tunnel to her closet and I simply walk to mine. I open the door, finding the dress code regulations written: during classes, a simple, patternless black or white dress shirt with the uniform tie and the blazer-jacket assigned to you. Skirts are suggested for the female students, but if culturally, they wish not to wear that, they can choose to wear normal pants. Hair must always be done up, and shoes must be practical.

After I get washed up, I pull out the black dress shirt and put it on over my black, bandage wrapped around my chest. I button it up and pull the red tie around my neck, leaving it open . I tug on the pants on, pulling a belt on as well. The blazer jacket fits snugly around me and I sigh as I pull on my combat boots (apparently shoe wear is required, otherwise I'd have gone barefoot like yesterday) before I leave the room.

"Oh, good timing girls!" Hyung Sik smiles at me on the ground and Lorelai in an underwater version of our uniform (in a white shirt, though) in the water tubes in front of our room. "So I have to take you to your counselors. Each counselor spends about an hour with the exchange students, so you'll get to become friends with them." He sends me a meaningful look. "And become closer."

"Lorelai, your advisor is Chris Bang and your name is the first on his list, so go ahead. Juniya, your last name is pretty early, but see, your uncle had it changed to Juniya Kim Bint Haniya in the school records." Hyung Sik informs us. "And since Jin is still taking your last name, you'll still be with him. The only thing is, you'll have time before you get him. It's 8:00 in the morning, and he takes about 12 students. You get Jin at about... 8:00 at night."

"Ah, damn. Well, that gives me enough time to go out and get breakfast. Do you know where I can find J-Hope?" I ask, drowsily, ready to give up on awakeness.

"Sure. I'll just call him." Hyung Sik does, and soon enough, Hobi is here. Followed by some friends.

"Juniya! A certain damsel in distress in need of my help?" I nod.

"I need food."

"The cafeteria is open-!" Suggests a cute E-Boy from the back.

"I need gReAsY food." I correct myself. He looks at me disgusted. "There's a good reason, I promise."

"Didn't get much sleep, did you?" Sksks Namjoon pointing to my eyes.

"I did, actually. But the problem is that Lorelai, my siren roommate splashed me. Since I'm made of fire, the water caused a lot of fog and lessened my burn time." I complain with a straight face. "Hence why I need you to take me to food. You're my only Hope!" I snicker tiredly.

"Sure," Hope smiles. "But I'm introducing you to more of my friends. Jin And Taehyung can't come today, but there are four other people in the friend group. You know me already, and I think everyone knows Namjoon." Namjoon nods at me and I hold up a hand. "This is Jungkook," he points to the cute E-Boy.

His hair is long and curly, and like me, he wears a black shirt instead of white. The red tie (only assigned to freshmen, I notice) is around his neck too. Jungkook's posture is outstanding and his eyes seem to have dark circles there, though not in the way I do. He seems to always have them. He leans to the left and whispers to thin air. "I'm a necromancer, and I'm talking to a ghost. He says you're hot, which is unusual for him."

"He might mean literally. I'm made of fire." I hold up my hands and will the smokeless fire to look less like flesh and more like it's true state as Jungkook touches my hand in wonder.

"It doesn't burn?"

"No. If I don't want it to, it won't burn. It's like lighting sanitizer on fire. It won't be hot and you can touch it."

"I didn't know you could do that!"

"I've told you that three times in the past week when you asked me how that guy on YouTube did it. And where's Jimin?" An intimidating, pale man with pointy ears asks. He wears the white dress shirt with a black tie, and his eyes are an ever changing iridescent color that I can't quite put my finger on. "I'm Suga by the way. Well, Yoongi, but don't call me that." He warns. My eyes drift between his very wizard/witch type eyes and his elf ears. "I'm a hybrid." I nod in understanding.

"Hyung is sleeping in my blazer pocket," Jungkook says in his melodic voice, poking a little man in the breast pocket of his jacket.

He stirs awake. "Why'd you wake me, Kookie," he flies out, delicate wings fluttering behind him. He grows in size till he stands shorter than the other men significantly (especially beside Namjoon, who happens to be very tall,) but still towering above me by a good many inches. "Wah, you look just like Taehyungie. Don't worry that's a compliment. He's one of the best looking people I've ever seen."

I find it hard to believe he's calling me good looking when he looks the way he does. Cherubic cheeks with an angular jaw. Fluffy hair in a messy light pink hue. His eyes are the most beautiful thing I've seen; mesmerizing and enchanting and persuading me to do whatever he asks in his light, high voice. It's high for a man's voice, but somehow still deep. He's got an accent like Jungkook's and it shows his emotions well.

Come to think of it, all these guys look like they're supposed to be in a boy group.

"Lets go, come on. Jimin, you carry Jungkook, I'll fly and-!"

"No need. You guys can all just take a ride on my back." Namjoon says. "I could use the exercise."

He leads the way outside and forms into a dragon. "HOP ON." Namjoon says (though it sounds like a command), and the boys do. I steer shy of him. "JUNIYA YOU SHOULD COME TOO."

"I think I'll just fly, it's good." I take off my shoes and put them in my backpack. I strain to push the fire through my skin. Oh, Shit.

"You're low on fuel, remember? And you got doused in water." Hope reminds me.. "You should climb on." Jimin flies down to help me up.

"Thanks. That won't happen again," I bow.

"HEY, JUNIYA," Namjoon asks. "SINCE YOU'RE MADE OF SMOKELESS FIRE, CAN YOU ALSO SHRINK AND GROW?"

"I can actually." I say. "I can change my face and shape and forms to look like and sound like virtually anything. I'll be happy to show you once I have enough fire to control." I whine. I feel a bit faint just thinking about it, wanting to empty my guts. But if I do, Namjoon could get dirty, and it's also very likely they won't figure out my Gasoline trick. "Can we stop by a gas station on our way back?"

"Why?" Asks Jungkook.

"It'll just be good for me. Ugh, I feel sick," I complain. "I've not had gasoline in ages. Mochi ice cream burns up, but the water. It just fizzes and boils and it feels like drinking bleach." Hope pats my back sympathetically.

"You look dead tired." Yoongi says. "Me too."

I nod in agreement. "Sleep is too precious."