Chapter 4

Juniya POV

It's funny, you know. I haven't traveled out of my mother's village since I moved here and even then I wasn't old enough. Uncle Ali had to go attend to some important business with Mustafa, so Farhan, Rahman, and Khala (aunt) Imaan have to leave me at the airport. I hug them each at least twenty times before I make my way to the line of people getting checked. My things were all in order; I suppose it was fine for two days of getting ready for this. The security guard smiles at my shirt and says something in a foreign language, but I tilt my head not understanding. "I'm sorry, what?"

"My bad, Miss," he apologizes. "I assumed you'd know the language spoken in the Land of Dragons."

"Oh, it's fine." I smile at him. The box like shape graces my face as I hand him my identification. I seem very composed on the inside, and I suppose I am, but that doesn't stop me from being a bit frightened. I'm leaving everything I've ever known, all the people, to go to this new frightening land which I know holds the man who had abandoned me. I take my identification before heading into the boarding area.

So I do some internal prayer, a wishing in my head. I whisper every verse I remember from the Quran under my breath as I take a seat, waiting to be boarded.

Khala Imaan told me to tell the air hostess that it was my first flight, but after reciting the verses, I felt a lot braver and decided against it, taking a deep breath in, I opened my playlist. My cousin and I spent the last two days learning Korean-Pop songs, and I guess I'm easily attached: I started stanning a group in less than a week called BTS. The first song on my list was Dimple, the next were Fire (my favorite since I'm made of it) Idol, Run, Save Me, Dope, and Hope World along with Tony Montana. It was surprising to see people that looked like almost like me, though I have yet to meet someone with my green eyes.

I groan realizing that I don't speak the language, but I look like the people there. People are going to expect for me to know the language. Oh, crap, how am I supposed to do this!

I quickly download an offline app for learning the language before I got on the plane and get started on learning the letters. '아 - Ah, 어 - Eo, 이 - Ie, 오 - Oh' I was able to grasp all the letters in a matter of about thirty minutes (I like to think that I'm smart) before I boarded the plane.

I am now on the plane and on my seat as I waited for the plane to take off for the destination. I sat there glancing out of the window, looking at everyone entering the plane. I can't help but feel excited about all of this. Soon the plane started the move and I have my seat belt secured around my waist.

As the plane leaves for the Land of Dragons, my mind skips to something a tad bit more important: finding my family. I could spend some money on a test, but I already know that my dad is the prestigious Kim Yoo Sung. Maybe my brothers go to the same school as me.

The flight attendant asks, "do you want something to drink?" Luckily in my own language.

"Umm... do you have Sprite?"

"No, I'm sorry," she shakes her head. Damn. "Seven Up, I do have."

"How about Ginger Ale, do you have that?" She smiles and hands me the can and ice cubes to go with it. "Thanks!" I smile at her before she moves on to serving the row ahead of me. I crack the can open, and pour it in the glass of ice and down it faster than an alcohol addict could. Well, maybe since it didn't have any alcohol. See, I'm prohibited from drinking anything with alcohol in my religion, so the closest I can get to a shot contest is the soda-shots. And espresso, but that tastes stRoNg. I finish the can and listen to some music. Eventually, I just pull out a book and start reading until the plane lands some hours later.