2|Abandoning a life to realise a dream

The first rays of sun light broke through the horizon, illuminating the high peeks of the mountains painted with a white brush. The breeze of the next morning was arriving. It felt as though the sky had cried for ages.

Slowly the sun had reached all the corners of the village. The mud felt the sunlight penetrate in its surface. The wind stoke the leaves of the trees that moved creating an endless dance. The clouds in the sky started to fade away with the wind. I stood there like I was the only shade in nature. I started walking slowly towards the village as I heard voices talking, laughing, shouting... I knew I was near.

"Isla!" I heard a familiar voice shouting from behind me. "Are you all right?" A tall woman was standing in the shadows on the trees. I ran towards her and we joined together in a loving embrace. Her hugs always made me feel secure, at home. "But I'm your home!" She said as though she knew my feelings. "I'm sorry mum, I couldn't resist to the beauty of this place. I just don't know how am I going to live without this!" I pressed my cheek in her chest.

Her scent always reminded me of when we used to walk one next the other though this amazing fields.
"I know honey. Everything for a dream." It felt as though we were connected. As if we were only one body. "Everything for a dream" I repeated.

My dream is to attend the College of Arts in New York. I've always loved drawing. It's like singing, acting, dancing . You can express your feelings without saying them out loud but just telling them doing what you like best.

I looked at my house one more time and I noticed the colours of it being even more bright than I never saw them before. I looked at my family. They were so close and lovely. So happy.

I glanced at my twin sister. I looked away from me to her and then from her to me. We were unrecognizable. Apart from my straight and her curly hair, my blue and her green eyes, her sporty and my elegant clothes we were identical. Our paths were separating, she decided to attend a college school near home and I decided to go to New York, my dream city.

"I will miss you sis".

"I will miss you too" I said and my eyes filled with tears.

We all hugged each other. Our last hug. "We have to go. We'll miss the plane" my driver said. I nodded and followed him. As our car passed through the house I looked at it and then at my family. "I will miss you all". And as I step into the car, that dream appeared once again in my mind. I take out my phone and but my headphones on. I have to stop thinking about it. It's just a dream, anything else.

"Wait. Can you pull over?" I tell my driven as I quickly open the door.

"Well be late miss" says my driven making be come back in.

"Just a moment, I'll be quick" I say and run to the fountains. As I cross the road the silence from the countryside suddenly mixes with the noise of the crowded streets. In that moment, I suddenly feel as if the whole world has stopped. As if every human being doesn't exist, am I'm the only human creature. It feels as if I am traveling in the past because as I touch the cold solid rock of the fountain it suddenly feels as if I am still feeling it. The warm rays of sunshine of that day.

It was mid august, exactly three weeks away from my official last day of school, when my boyfriend approaches to me. His smile seems to hide the scorching weather or the strong light coming from the sun. He is so bright I can't even feel the weather of that day, he was my sun, he was my clouds, he was my sky and every thing that happened that day was as if he already planned it specifically for me. He taught my love, he taught me patience, he taught me faith, he was the star in the day and the sun in the night. Everywhere he went he was so perfect, I felt as if we were soulmates.

"Hi, beautiful" he says as his hands embrace my hips.

"Hi, handsome"I whisper as I place my lips into his. There was just him and me, just us fighting the world, forever.

"Come I want to show you something" he says bursting the bubble of soap that surrounded us. He brought me to the fountains and showed my a heart shaped grafiti printed with our initials printed on it.

"This is our spot. If we'll ever break up, it can be yours. Just remember to not take here your new boyfriend. This place is sacred."

"Yeah, right. Nice joke. But we will never break up that's the thing."

"I know we won't... But please listen to me carefully. This place can only belong to two people in love. If you'll take another guy, then... When it doesn't matter, just don't do it." and with those words suddenly the sun came shining again, people began walking in the streets and the noise of the cars darting on the roads came alive again.

"What are you saying Justin? You're scaring me!" he doesn't speak as if everything was already changing. I grab his face and kiss him, but it doesn't feel the same way. His breath entered through my mouth as if our bodies pressed together weren't meant to be, after all. Something very deeply has changed. Something he didn't even know himself, or me. Only our destiny could know it, if only I knew it could.

"Miss Patterson! We have to go" I hear the voice of my driver calling from the end of the road"

"Coming!" and with that last word, I knew it was the beginning of a new chapter of my life.