Busted!!! (II)

Maraïda's POV

One phone call had turned into him driving off without even telling me where he was going. I waited for almost four hours in my room. I decided to run down stairs for a glass of water. I was a few feet away from the kitchen entrance when I heard one of the maids talking,

"This really sucks. This house was a lot livelier with Madame Sophia around." The first maid said,

"Yeah. Everything changed when that woman, that surrogate got here," she wore a disgusted scowl on her face,

"Hey, don't talk about miss Maraïda like that. You know she's the new lady of the house now," another maid added,

"New lady my foot! That woman is a sneaky bitch! She just wants to replace Madame Sophia in Mr. Shenko's life." The second maid with the scowl repeated,

"Cassidy!!!" The head maid, I remember was called Fatou, scolded her, "Stop! What ever happens in our superiors lives is none of our business. We are here to work and that is just what we should do."

"Why Fatima? Ever since that woman came into this house, everything has turned upside down. Mrs. Shenko left and Mr. Shenko couldn't even stop her because of that crazy woman. If you ask me, I think she's just a home wrecker. She planned her way in here and ruin this family. Look at Mr. Shenko, he looks like he sleeps on a dark cloud now and it's all because of that woman!" Cassidy continued,

"Cassidy! I said stop it! Watch your mouth."

"No! Don't shut her up," I cut Fatou half through, "Let her. She has the freedom to say whatever she wants. Say it all, say whatever you want; but know this, when you're done talking shit about me, you pack up all of your shit and get the hell out of this place,"

The bile in my stomach had risen to my throat, all I could taste and feel was bitter; this stupid maid had touch a nerve, one that stunk and I was struggling to control myself from seriously not hurting her.

"Miss Maraïda please," I heard Fatou beg as I turned to head back to my room, "I'm sure Cassidy didn't mean what she said. Please forgive her."

"Look, if you feel like following her, you're free to do so Fatou. It's a free world, so anyone who has or wants to say anything else about me is free to do so but I promise you, you will all have to leave this house afterwards." They all just stared at each other, then at the lousy Cassidy maid, "and you, you better leave before decide to put a knife through your eyeballs."

"Did you just threaten me?" She took a bold step ahead, getting her apron off, "Is it really me you're going to hurt or yourself? You know what, I was planning to anyway so I quit. Not because you want me to go but because I can no longer stay in this house with all the evil going on in it, you being the source of it all. And know this too, I won't leave now either, at least not until Mr. Shenko comes and hears all what I have to say."

"And what is it you have to say Cassidy? Tell me I'm here now," Jared broke in from the main doors, his hair was a big messy mob, his shirt was tucked in in all the wrong places, and his eyes looked weary and tired. He held a file in his big hands.

The moment I heard his voice, uncontrollable tears started building in my eyes, "Jared? You're back!" I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him, "she was talking about me. She was saying really mean stuff about me. She's been insulting me and blaming me for everything that has gone wrong in this house. She has to go! I can nor leave under the same roof with the likes if her. I swear if you don't make her leave, I will leave instead." I half sobbed, half cried; then I threatened.

"It's OK Maraïda! You don't have to go that far. She already did say she was leaving, but first had something to tell me. What is it Cassidy?" he turned a mysterious and intense stare at the maid,

"Yes Mr. Shenko. This girl! This girl is going to ruin you sir. Everything she's done has all been one big lie, she's been pretending: to be sick, to be nice, to be crazy; it's all been one big lie!" Cassidy bravely told Jared. Then she gave me a daring look, like she wanted me to dare refute her point, but I wasn't stupid. I played it innocent. Like I had no idea what she was saying,

"What are you talking about? Why are you changing the subject? You were just insulting me! And I haven't done anything to you!"

"Do you have any prove of anything you just said Cassidy?" Jared asked, pishing back his messy hair. He looked like he was already fed up with everything happening. If I would have been lucky enough, he should have just kicked the bitch out.

"Yes!" My heart sunk at those words. She couldn't have been serious! "I have a video in my phone. The day Mrs. Shenko was leaving, you should you have stopped her; you could have; but you didn't! Because of this girl. She faked an injury just to stop you from bringing Mrs. Shenko back into this house. It was all a sham! None of it was real. She wasn't bleeding or in danger. She staged it all."

"Maraïda?" I released my hold on Jared's hand to look up at him, his intense stare had me shivering, "Is any of what she's saying true? And please do not lie to me."

"It is not. None of what she's saying makes sense! It's not true!" I defended myself. I denied, denied and denied. For all I knew, the maid could have been bluffing.

She wasn't!