Jealous

I had been upstairs, exploring through my new lifestyle and I heard Sophia's laughter down stairs. It sounded like she had been really amused by something or someone. I was going to go down and snoop but stopped halfway on the stairs, sat down and watched as Jared served his wife a bowl of the food he had made for me.

I watched as Sophia lifted a spoon to her lips with an impassive look on her face, then scrunched up her nose in disgust;

"This taste horrible! It's bitter."

"What? No way! After all the delicacies we had her try, she found my cooking to be the best. She almost emptied the whole pot." Mr. Shenko defended his dish in amusement causing Sophia as well to jolt into simultaneous laughter. Their voices echoed throughout the mansion, "I'm about to open a world's first class noodle soup only restaurant you know!"

"Oh really now? So try it then, Mr. World chef." Sophia mocked back at him,

"What?"

"It's your dish and all! Try it." From the head of the stairs, I watched as she pushed the plate to his section of the table. A clink of the plate hitting his glass of wine marked a second of silence, he threw a glance at the bowl before him, before pushing it away towards Sophia,

"OK fine. You win! It's awful but by some miracle she loved it." They both burst into drums of laughter, "I could make a fortune out of this!"

"Yeah right! I can already visualize it: Jared's; a delicacy for pregnant women with no taste." She told him and they laugh harmoniously together, his voice slightly velvety while she had this smooth sound; the kind you become Beyonce with.

As I watched them acting all lovy dovy with each other, I felt an uncomfortable sensation at the pit of my heart, my mind and my stomach; Jealousy.

I was jealous!

For the first time in a long time, I was feeling something and wasn't good. It was better to feel nothing at all. Jealousy is like a self imposed burden. I couldn't get it to stop. It was like a pot of boiling blood inside my veins. I was jealous of Jared's relationship with his wife; I was jealous of his wife; I was jealous of Sophia.

Worse than this jealousy, I was suppose to watch this for the next seven months of my life. I started feeling something else; fear. I became afraid of my own feelings and the things the could push me to do. Maybe this living together under same roof was a really really bad idea. Maybe I should have just stayed in the apartment, back there with Issa and taken some money from this guy and helping Issa out around the house. For a moment it seemed like a far out of reach idea. But something changed, an idea hit me; I still could. There was no kind of authority or contractor binding me to stay in this house; plus I had some kind of authority over this guy. I was carrying the only child he could ever have.

"What are you doing?" Sophia laughed out loud as Jared made some circular movements over the bowl, as if he was adding something to the food, "Jared! What is that?"

"I'm adding a new special ingredient." He told her, "Lots of love, just for you."

My thoughts drifted to my mother; she had always said that to me every time I sat with her in the kitchen while she cooked. Then I wondered, had Jared put in that same love ingredient when he had made that noodles soup dish for me.

For me!

"Yeah right. I'll just get rid of this." Sophia grabbed the bowl, walked to the kitchen and tossed the food into the pantry. She drained away my food, making my blood boil in anger.

"Hey!" I yelled from where I had been sitting and watching at the head of the stairs, "Why are you throwing it away? That was made for me."

"Excuse me?" She flicked her silky blond hair backwards. I don't remember when or how pools of tears started forming in my eyes but before I knew it, the were flushing down my face.

"Wait. You don't have to cry over this. There's more and I'll just make you some extra." Jared pleaded, heading up the stairs to pass me a tissue, but Sophia held him back.

"It's OK honey, let her. It's just pregnancy hormones. Pregnant t women turn to be a little too dramatic sometimes." Sophia told her husband. It was like she had been able to see through my emotions. She threw me glanced, like she could read my thoughts.

I knew this wasn't normal, I also knew that these were just pregnancy hormones acting up. I couldn't help but cry. I didn't want what was left of the food or what Jared would make next. I wanted the bowl with the special ingredient of love that Sophia had just emptied down the drain.

My tears soon grew into sobs.

"Are you OK Maraïda?" Jared asked me. I looked up at him to see Sophia's frame already by his side half leaning, half standing on him while his hands circled her waist. She was trying to send me a message. She was claiming her husband. The tears came back two times more than before. This time, to hide the feelings behind them, I ran up to my room, breathing and panting heavily as I slumped into the bed.

I couldn't believe it. All those feelings I thought had died in me were resurging. Even though I try to blame them on pregnancy hormones, I knew for sure, for this one; I was hardcore jealous!

I was jealous of Sophia. She was his wife. The one who got to cuddle freely with him without feeling guilty or wrong about it. The way she had closed up to him earlier, the way he had curled his hands around her waisted, the way he loomed into her eyes, how he smiled every time he looked at her, I wanted that; I wanted that. But I knew I could never have it just by wanting it.

I had to do more.

I needed to do more.

My most sincere apology for the late update, I've been working on a lot of new projects I know you guys will love. Check out The Bach Eve, Sins of the Past and Sons of the Fallen.

Don't forget to click the star thingy below to encourage my crazy mind and the speech box to tell me how crazy my mind is; or if you loved the chapter.

Bye.