Jared storms

Sophia's POV

For the very first time, I saw more to this girl than I had depicted of her.

Vulnerability!! So much vulnerability!

By no way was it her fault that she had almost lost the baby! But I couldn't do anything either when Jared was angry; he was like a an angry lion in the wild. I just very silently watched as he lashed out his exaggerated anger and frustration on the poor girl.

"The only reason I let you come into my home was so that child would be safe. Safe!!! And what did you do? You compromised that!!!" He yelled at her; more like over her. She just sat there and tears washed her cheeks; not a word was uttered. It was as if she wasn't even with us. She looked completely out of the situation. She kind of reminded me of myself when I was going through almost the same thing, except I had wilfully gotten rid of my own baby; see! Almost the same situation, minus the shouting and blaming. I had already self blamed myself during my own time.

"Jared please..." I tried to reason him out but like thunder before the storm, his angry tone struck through me,

"Stay out of this Sophia!"

What!!!

I was his wife! and was as much as him concerned in this; but Jared's temper was something I learned the hard way over the years to avoid. When angry, he became something we read of in the books about soulless billionaires.

"Maybe I wasn't clear enough when we made this accord. So now you listen to me carefully you little crazy spoiled brat," he said and he lifted up her head roughly by her chin, "Until this child is born you are going to abide by my rules, in my house and keep that baby safe! One: you don't leave this premises without my consent. Now is that understood or should I elaborate more!"

"Jared stop! You're stressing her out! Are you trying to save the baby or kill it?"

"Sophia just shut up! I said shut up for God sake!" He roared like the engine of a brand new sports car. I looked down at Maraïda, that was when I saw something in her eyes that scared me of what was coming next. She pushed away his finger as harshly as he had put them on her chin. She was about to do something that was not very reasonable.

"I am not your prisoner Jared Shenko! I am not your property and I am most especially not in any way suppose to live my life by your fucking rules so you can shove it!!!" She spat then she jumped up and limped to the closet. Then I saw again twice the amount of anger flame in Jared's eyes. More than that I saw his struggle to control his anger and not do something he would regret.

"What are you doing?" He asked as he hovered over her small figure while she filled a backpack with cloth from the closet.

"You certainly aren't that blind to see I'm leaving this fucking house! I am not going to go through the same thing twice Mr. Shenko. This is my life and my decision. I am leaving!"

"No you're not," he growled. He seized the bag with much force and shoved it through a window. She smirked. The malicious kinda way. I braced myself. There was a storm coming,

"Know what? I didn't bring any of this shit. I'll just leave as I came." She turned to the door. She was going to walk away. She was going to cross the line.

One thing I had learned about Jared in all the years we'd been together, he hated being walk out on. It made him feel belittled and he didn't like that feeling. He raised his hand and was about to drop it full force on her!

"Jared don't!!!" I jumped in between. Not only in time to stop his action but to take the blow as well. I felt the pain course through me like adrenaline. My face stunk hard!!!

"Oh my God!" Mara screamed, "What the hell?" Mara ran to my side and grabbed my face in both her palms,

"Sophia! Are you OK?" She blew lightly on my face; such a childike gesture. I had my face to the ground, both hands on my cheek and tears on them.

"Sophia..." His tone soften, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry my love! Why did you do that?"

Even though I knew he didn't mean it, I couldn't help but hate him for it. It wasn't me he intended to hit but he still did it anyway.

"Marina! Marina are you OK?" Maraïda said from besides me.

Marina?

"I'm just fine Mara." I told her firmly. I don't know how I started feeling soft emotions for a girl who slept with my husband and was now carrying his child. She turned to him,

"You were going to hit me! You wanted to hurt me!" She laugh mockingly, "and I'm the one who is careless for the baby! Sit here." She sat me down on her bed. "You know, the only reason I wanted to come here, to live with you, was to know the kind of people I will be leaving this child with; so that it doesn't suffer the same fate I did. But you just showed me; that you are no different from my father. You're just like him and you just proved it."

She looked at both of us for a few seconds, with different expressions every time,

"I can not stay here for one more minute." She said and walked out of the room.

"Maraïda..."

"Jared don't!" I told him. Before I could swallow it, the words were already out, "I'll go talk to her. You'll just make things worst." I got up and went out. I don't know how i was so composed with all the anger i was carrying. I had to vent just a little out somehow. I stopped midway and went back to the room, "You're sleeping in a guess room tonight." I told my husband, then I left to catch up with Maraïda in the garden.