13 | You Aren't Important Enough

Start from the beginning

"Where's everyone else?" She asked, a stern look on her face.

"Not my business," Ace shrugged, pushing her hand away and opening the book again.

"God you're so useless, Ace," Tao rolled her eyes. I had a feeling she didn't like any of her friends.

"Jesus Christ, Tao. Why are you so negative?" Zia exclaimed.

"Because Zia! Everything I had planned for years is going to shit! Everything we planned!" She screamed back. "You can't be saying your glad this is happening!"

"Tao, not right now," Cajes whispered, putting his hand on her shoulder, sending a nervous glance my way.

Shoving it off, she stood up. "I'm going to find Isaia. He's the only reasonable one here."

Interesting..

Lunch. The plan so far had worked smoothly as possible. I mean, I hadn't really executed the plan at all, but nothing was stopping me from doing so. I didn't purchase a lunch, deciding all I truly needed was to make a grand entrance, deliver the envelopes and, and leave. Not sure where I'd leave to but I'd leave. To make this more...formal, I waited in the girl's bathroom for 10 minutes before leaving for the cafeteria. Pushing open the big brown doors, I made sure I'd open them slowly so it would creak.

I felt so powerful. So above everyone and everything. Is this what Tao feels like? Like she owns the whole school even though, according to her, Isaia's grandma does. Usually, everyone's eyes would make me nervous, scared and annoyed even. But here, I valued their glances so much, their stares and their dreams of being even a sliver of how popular I was. I made sure I walked slowly, so I wouldn't lose their eyes. My heels clicking effortlessly and loudly on the marble ground. Approaching the A-lister's table, I didn't say a word. I nodded quietly as they all gave me more questioning looks and one by one I gave them their envelope.

"What is this," Sonny and Brandy asked, looking at me. Tao just looked slightly confused and annoyed.

I didn't reply, I just smirked and turned. Everyone saw the envelopes, and everyone was watching me draw closer to Ryan and Leah's table. B-listers. Consisting of gossip girls, random jocks, and people who got somewhat close to being the A-listers friends.

I gave Leah her envelope, and I could practically hear the open-mouth stares and gossips from everyone near. Then I handed one to Ryan, and 10 of their friends, 3 of which I forgot their names and had to scan the groupchat for them. Yasmin sat kind of close to Leah and Ryan, and I could hear Ryan scoff as I handed her an envelope and 5 of her friends that I've become acquaintances with.

Everyone's envelope was handed out, except one. Of course, I decided that this envelope would be a special one. There was nothing inside, and no name written out front. But I'd walk up to a girl in one of my classes that tried talking to me, I choose a girl named Devon to play the role, and hand the envelope. Or 'hand' her it. In reality, I'd just begin to push it towards her, before 'changing' my mind and taking it back.

Devon was also a B-lister, but a less popular one. Just a follower of one of the higher B-listers. Coming up to her, a saw a smile light upon her face. How pathetic and sad. She thought she was worth this invitation but in reality, she was just a piece on my gameboard that wasn't even relevant enough to stay on it longer than 2 minutes. I reached the red card towards her, and her hand sprung out ready to collect it. Last second, I raised an eyebrow, gave her a once over and an awkward smile before retracting the card.

Turning to leave, I ripped the card in half. Her face was devastated, completely torn apart and red beyond imagine. The voices and rumors and gossip girls started chatting endlessly as I pushed back to open the big doors to leave.

Perfect. That's what this exchange just was. Perfect. It was so quiet and everyone's eyes were stuck trailing my figure, it was perfect. Tao was right, she should fear me. It was perfect, I was perfect.

 It was perfect, I was perfect

Song Of The Chapter:

Hi guys! So recently we hit 100 reads and I'm sososososo happy about that! Thank you so much for reading my books and please tell me what I can improve!

Please comment and vote!

Question: Thoughts on Laura?

Question: What can I improve?

Question: What's your favorite song from the playlist!