Nuckelavee and the World Eater

Start from the beginning

Jaune: Just take care of each other.

Nora: (smiling at Ren) We always have.

On the path to Kuroyuri, Jaune and Ruby lift Qrow as you stay on gaurd. They turn to Nora and Ren, who are on the path through the mountains to Mistral. They nod and Nora waves. Ren starts to turn, looks back one more time, and then runs. Nora follows.

An aerial shot shows the split going in separate directions before the visual focuses in on just Jaune and Ruby.

Ruby: (confidently, offering comfort) They're gonna be fine, Jaune.

Jaune: You don't know that.

Ruby turns forward, her expression saddening. Moving forward, her step leaves an imprint on the ground, shortly after overlapped by Jaune's own. The visual pulls back again, revealing that their footsteps tread over another, larger mark—the same one discovered in Shion.

Kuroyuri

A cracked signed bearing the name Kuroyuri rests against ruins. An upwards pan and several cuts show the dilapidated village. and walk down the road, carrying on a stretcher. They pause and look unhappily around.

Jaune: Oh, man.

Ruby: Come on.

They continue forward.

Ruby: Any of these places look like a pharmacy?

Jaune: It's... honestly hard to tell.

Among the ruins is an abandoned bicycle.

Ruby: really didn't want to come here, did he?

Jaune:Uh... didn't seem so.

Ruby: Do you know... why?

Jaune: (sighs) I think I have a pretty good idea...

You: neither of them wanted to be here.

The two continue on and the image pans away from them to show a withered waterlily on the ground atop a miniscule puddle.

Jaune walks up to Ruby in the ruins of Kuroyuri. Both are looking dejected. 

Jaune: Nothing. 

Ruby: We should get back to Qrow. 

Qrow Branwen leans against a dead sakura tree, groaning. Though not conscious, he holds a hand over his wound. 

A wide shot shows Ruby crouched near his legs and Jaune standing over them both. A creature makes a loud noise from off in the distance, causing both Ruby and Jaune to turn. Jaune's hand immediately goes to his sword and looks around for the source of the noise.

You: It's far off. 

Jaune: I know, but Ren and Nora are still out there. 

Ruby looks at Qrow before standing and approaching Jaune. 

Ruby: I'm sorry. 

Jaune: Huh? 

He turns around to face her, though she is not looking up. 

Ruby: This is all my fault. I should have never dragged you guys into this. 

Jaune: You didn't drag us in. We wanted to come. 

Ruby: But most of you didn't know about Tyrian, about— 

Jaune: (cutting her off) Ruby. We've lost a lot. But you're still here, despite everything you've lost, everything you could still lose, you chose to come out here.