13. How

A/N: Got inspired by the song Something to Fight For from the Iron Man 3 trailer. Enjoy.

-March-

The month had passed since all of the Avengers got together after the funeral. The group had to stay on the Helicarrier due to researching their Hydra targets. Jessie stayed in the lab with Tony and Bruce trying to collect information while her gunshot wound healed. When she recovered, the Sergeant moved herself to the training room for self training. Currently, she was getting anything that she was angry with out of her mind on the punching bag. Throughout the room the song ‘Somebody to Die For’ by Hurts was playing. She threw one last punch at the bag before the chain it was hanging from broke causing it to fly across the room from the force.

“Alright, now I think I should leave,” a male voice said. Jessie turned to see Tony wearing a tank-top, shorts and sneakers taking baby-steps backwards to the door.

“Why do you say that?” Jessie asked causing him to stop.

“I was gonna ask you if you wanted to practice some boxing, but now I don’t think that would be a safe decision.” The Sergeant let out a laugh.

“I think it’s a safe decision,” Clint said as he walked into the room with Natasha and Pepper who was on the Helicarrier for her own safety.

“If you say so, Legolas. Come on, Snowflake. Let’s see you put your skills to good use.” Tony put a pair of boxing gloves on while Jessie didn’t. The two walked into the middle of the boxing ring. Tony had Jessie take a few practice swings, hitting his gloved hands in the process. “Alright, good. You know the rules of boxing right? Especially rule number one; don’t take your eyes off your opponent.”

“Yeah, Jess,” Clint said causing the 29-year-old to look at him as she smirked. Pepper was speaking with Natasha making the two not pay attention to the other three. “Don’t take your eyes off your opponent.”

“Exactly.” Tony went to grab Jessie’s shoulder as he began to speak again, “Again, J. Rule number one; never take your eyes off you-“ Right as he placed a hand on her shoulder, Jessie turned and quickly grabbed his wrist, lightly twisting it before moving to hook her legs around his neck and flip him over onto his back causing a loud thud to come after. This caused Pepper and Natasha to look over while Clint tried to suppress a laugh while clapping.

“Oh my God!” Pepper exclaimed as she began to walk over to the boxing ring. Jessie removed her legs from Tony’s neck as she began to stand up.

“That’s what happens when I do turn my back,” Jessie said as she walked away from the scientist who was still trying to stand up. Clint gave the Sergeant a high-five before she grabbed a towel to wipe off the sweat from her face and neck.

“You okay, Stark?” Natasha questioned, a smirk on her face as she hid the laughter that was trying to force it’s way out.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” Tony replied. “Just like a dance routine right? Except with a soldier who trains with a muscled guy in a spangled suit who’s probably taking steroids and the top ex-Hydra assassin.”

“Hey, Stark, don’t forget I have a metal arm which also helps me with my strength,” Jessie said holding up her left arm as if to show Tony what she was speaking of. He playfully glared at her as he rubbed his wrist.

“Hey, that actually hurt you know. I’m not a horse. If I was then I would be standing here eating a bale of hay.” Jessie rolled her eyes and snickered. The doors to the training room opened as Bruce walked in holding a pile of papers. “Ah, Bruce. You missed the action. Jessie almost strangled me with her legs after almost breaking my wrist. Isn’t that fun?” Bruce looked up, confusion written on his face while he removed his glasses placing them on his head.