5. Good Choice

A/N: Finally got to updating another chapter. School recently started and I never got to writing this story. But here it is! Enjoy!

Jessie sat in the shooting range on a floor which Stark had set up for her. It had targets, different kinds of guns, even a boxing ring and punching bags. It seemed like a training room, but Jessie thought of it as a shooting range. She sat in a chair, a sniper rifle in her lap. She had recently practiced her shooting range, but apparently missed each shot. She stood up, frustrated, and loaded more bullets into the gun, taking shots until she ran out. The doors to the elevator opened. Jessie looked to see Bucky walk into the room. She went back to her shooting practice. Bucky walked over with the sense of his friend being upset.

“What’s the matter?” he asked as Jessie was getting ready for another round of shooting.

“I actually have no idea. I’m shooting at the middle of the target, but apparently not hitting it. I’m hitting around it which is what I don’t want.”

“Maybe I can help you.”

“No, no, you don’t have t-“ Jessie stopped her protesting when she felt Bucky move her arms, holding the rifle in front of her face. She tensed slightly at his closeness.

“Loosen up, Jess,” Bucky quietly said as he moved his hands to her shoulders. When he felt her muscles loosen, he began to direct her in getting a straight shot. After a couple shots, the two began to practice fighting in the boxing ring, Bucky going easy on Jessie. After a while, Jessie knocked Bucky down only to end up falling with him. The two laughed as Jessie straightened herself out, straddling the Soldier’s waist. She stayed like that, her smile fading and both of them silent. Jessie began to stand up.

“I should go. Tony and Bruce probably need my help.”

“Right.” Jessie helped Bucky stand up before waving and leaving the room and walking to the lab. She walked into the lab hearing Iron Man expecting Tony and Bruce, only to find just Bruce. Jessie looked around confused. The male scientist looked up from his work to see the female looking around the room in the closets, under tables, and jokingly under papers and blueprints.

“What are you looking for?” Bruce questioned with a chuckle. Jessie stopped and looked at him and began to mess with the braid in her hair which hung over her shoulder from looking under the tables.

“Just checking to see if Stark is in here,” she replied with a sheepish smile.

“Actually, he’s downstairs with Pepper setting up for a meeting. I can bring you to see him if you’d like.”

“Okay, thanks Brucie.” The two scientists walked to the large conference room of the building, finding Tony setting up rows of chairs with Pepper helping. Jessie and Bruce walked closer to the two. “Oh my god. Look at all the chairs, Mr. White.” Tony looked up at the two scientists that were watching.

“Shut up, Jessie,” he said as he walked back over to the wall, grabbing the last folding chair. “Ha. That actually made sense since your name is Jessie and-“

“Shut up, Tony.”

“Alright. What are you two doing in here anyways? I’ve got a meeting in half an hour.” Jessie crossed her arms and rolled her eyes in annoyance.

“We’re here to slay the magic dragon.” Bruce chuckled at Jessie’s statement. Pepper gave out a laugh.

“Actually, Jess was wondering where you were,” Bruce commented. “She kept looking under the tables.”

“Well, because I didn’t know where he was and I’m too lazy.”

“Well, you might not want to be lazy for a while,” Pepper began saying. “The new director of S.H.I.E.L.D., Nancy O’Donnell called and requested for you and Steve to meet with her.”