6. Alone

-End of June-

Jessie woke up to find herself surrounded by trees. The sky was dark, the stars and moon shining bright. She groaned as she sat up rubbing her eyes. She couldn't remember what had happened only the fact of agreeing to an experiment. Jessie looked around the dark landscape in hope of finding her spangled friend.

"Steve?" Jessie called out. Silence. "Steve?" More silence. Jessie glanced around worriedly, knowing that she was alone. Wrapping her arms around herself, Jessie felt the cold touch of metal against her arm and looked to see no one there. She got confused and looked at her left arm to find it being metal, but no blue star. Jessie moved her sleeve to find the metal connected with her shoulder realizing that was Struckers experiment. Her only questions; why leave me in the middle of nowhere, and where am I?

A month had passed. Tony and Bruce were working in the lab. Bucky sat in a corner reading a book. As Bruce and Tony conversed, they were interrupted by the door opening as Agent Hill walked in with Pepper carrying files and a holopad.

"Ah, Maria, what's up?" Tony questioned. She sighed and tossed the files onto the desk.

"We finally got Steve back, he's resting in his room, but S.H.I.E.L.D. still has no clue where Evans is," she answered.

"Poor girl," Bruce spoke as he looked back at the computer.

"Steve said the Hydra base he and Jess where taken to was located somewhere in Russia. And he remembers overhearing something about Germany."

"That could be where Jess was taken to," Bucky spoke as he closed the book setting it in his lap.

"She doesn't have her phone either," Tony remarked. "It was either turned off or destroyed. It had a tracker on it, but I can't locate her from the phone."

"Then how will we find her?" Bruce questioned. "She doesn't have her phone, Jarvis can't track her-"

"I'll just fly there."

"What?"

"I can use the suit and search out Germany."

"And if that fails? We can't be too sure Jess is actually in Germany. She's been gone a month."

"Stark, try your best to search for Sergeant Evans, but if you don't find her, we'll have to mark her MIA," Agent Hill spoke. "And I don't want to have that happen." Tony sighed as Hill left the room, Pepper trailing along. Bruce looked over to Bucky who kept his gaze at his feet.

"Don't worry, Bucky. We'll find her."

Jessie continued carrying on through the woods. She was weak from the lack of food and from her arm beginning to become infected. She had crafted a bow and arrows to hunt, half the time being successful. Jessie took a rest, dropping to her knees unwillingly when she stopped walking. Footsteps could be heard walking in her direction. She looked up to see an elderly woman walking toward her, worry written on her face.

"Liebes, bist du in Ordnung?" she questioned. Jessie recognized the foreign accent to be German. She dug though her mind to search for any German she could remember from the war.

"W-Wasser," Jessie stuttered.

"Sie brauchen Wasser?" The Sergeant nodded. The woman smiled and began to help Jessie up, stopping for a second when she saw the metal arm. The woman brought Jessie into the house and helped her sit in a chair at the table. Jessie looked around the house noticing how small it was. It was only three rooms; the bedroom, living and kitchen area, and bathroom. She noticed a phone on the table but turned her attention back to the woman who was setting a glass of water down.