The Speech.

Hey! I know I'm in the middle of exam week. But I just couldn't resist. Somehow, I managed to write a new chapter in 2 days. Haha! See what I do to make you lovely readers out there happy? Yea, I only have like, a handful of readers. But whatever! :D Thank you for supporting my story. I'd really appreciate it if you can just comment and/or vote. Okay, I'm shutting up now. Go on and read! :)

P.S. This story is dedicated to FromTheFields for agreeing to be my editor. Go Read His Story! Truth or Dare! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ree's POV

"So, Ree. You want me to organise a Fashion Show and let you win. So that people will think you're beautiful and worthy of attention. Is that right?" Catherine Crombell looks at me questioningly as I nod, a bright smile on my face. "Yea, that's it. Why? Do you think that's not enough for me to be popular and hang out with you?" I look at her worriedly.

We are talking in the school's court, Yorder Osmund Court, and sitting on a pink bench. Yes, that's right. I, Reeane Sethrone, am talking with the Role Model. "No, no! I just think that there can be other ways to, you know, get attention." She tucks her wavy, shoulder-length light brown hair behind her ear as she gives me a small smile.

Immediately, I smile back. I think it is a reflex. "Like what?" She picks a flower from a nearby bush and examines its blood red petals, "Um... Well... Oh!" She snaps her fingers, looking at me, "why don't you do something amazing to show people what you're really like. Everyone has greatness, search for it!" She stands up and flashes her dazzling smile. "I have to go now, my lunch is still waiting for me and I have an RM meeting to attend later. Sorry." She looks at me apologetically. I stand up too. "No, it's okay, I have to get ready for your first speech as a Role Model anyway. I'm so excited!"

I wave at her cheerily and she waves back. Then, she turns and walks away, greeting every single student who passes her by. She really is a lovely person. So popular. Soon, I will be exactly like her. I smile to myself as I walk towards the classroom building, wanting to go to my locker for an accessory change. I greet the same people Catherine said 'hi' to just a few minutes ago. Sadly though, they only give me looks. Oh well, they do not matter. Just wait until I do that amazing thing Catherine suggested. The only question is: What? What amazing thing can I do in order to awaken my inner popular self?

I ponder over this as I switch my normal hairband into a sliver, glitter covered one. I wear my colourful beaded bracelet along with the plain wristband and wear my "Special Occasion" earrings, which have an infinity symbol on them, along with my favourite necklace, also with the infinity symbol. I re-gloss after tying my hair up with a purple hair-tie. Looking at my reflection in my locker mirror, I see a flawless face. Beautiful and Attention-worthy. This is definitely a special occasion. I am going to sit right in front and listen to every word Catherine is going to say.

Maybe I will be inspired and think up something amazing I can do.

As I walk to the school hall, I am aware that everyone is looking at me. Maybe I can be popular without doing anything, maybe I'm born amazing. Pairs and trios of close friends walk towards the same direction, whispering and looking at my hairband.

A group of guys shove each other and one of them bumps into me. "Oof!" He looks at me. "Hey, what's with the extra stuff? We're in school, not a beauty pageant." My face heats up and I walk ahead, ignoring those stupid guys. Catherine is the reason I am wearing my jewelleries, not them. Besides, I like wearing pretty things.

"Please be seated, students of TA. Teachers, please mark the attendance of the pupils in your respective classes. The event will begin shortly," an unknown voice booms and echos around the large room. I quickly find a seat in the very front row and ignore the hustle and bustle of the students around me. I spot Catherine's friends and Ned's gang at the end of the row. Bringing my eyes to the stage, I see Catherine Crombell and Nedwine Langston, the male and female RM of this remaining year and the next, sitting beside each other. The previous female RM, Nicole Swentrea, is sitting next to Nedwine, a small smile on her face as she peruses us tightly packed students. She is probably giving her last speech as a RM. Nedwine has been an RM for two years now, since no one has ever managed to be as good as he is in leading the whole student body.