Chapter 26

Peyton

We never did see the end of the movie. I snatched the remote out of Lukes hand when he wasn't looking and of course won that battle. Now were watching Titanic because it was on live TV and its my favorite movie.
"At least the movie I picked wasn't boring.."

"This is not boring! And at least mine isn't about psychopaths"

"Whatever" he said. Just then a phone vibrated.

"That yours?" I asked him.

"Yeah" he said while reaching over and grabbing his phone. He turned away as if he was trying to hide his screen from me. He smiled a little and put his phone down. I wanted to ask who it was but he obviously didn't want me to know... Should I be worried?

---------------------------------

"Kallie! What took you so long?" I asked while sitting up on my bed. I came back to my dorm a couple hours ago because I had a "headache" when in reality I just needed time to think. Luke kept hiding his phone from me. it wasn't just once it was multiple times. Is Luke talking to other girls? I mean so many of them like him.. Why would he hide his screen from me?

"What's wrong?" Kallie asked while sliding her heels off and sitting next to me.

"Luke."

"What happened?"

"Well we were laying down watching a movie and he got a text. When he was texting back he turned so I couldn't see what he was saying and when he was texting he was smiling Kallie! Smiling!"

"Oh no.." She mumbled.

"What?!"

"You're gonna have to get that phone and read his messages!"

"What no! I can't do that!"

"Um yes you can! You suspect something, you need to go and see if he's hiding something"

I just sat there and looked at her like she was crazy. I mean yeah I wanna make sure that luke isn't talking to other girls but I also don't wanna invade his privacy.

"Look at me like I'm crazy all you want but, if I were you I'd go girlfriend spy on that boy."

I fell back on my bed and groaned. "I don't wanna do that because if I'm right and he is talking to other girls I don't know what I'll do Kallie... I've been the other girl before and it's not fun"

"Luke wouldn't do that to you! I mean I know you think he's talking to another girl but maybe it was his mom or dad and it said something embarrassing.. Us girls always wanna think the worst."

"We think the worst and then the worst happens.." I said thinking back to the night I found Tyler.

"Do you want me to do it? I'm like the queen of being girlfriend detective"

"No.. I can do it. I mean I need to know if something's going on.. I mean I deserve to know right?"

"Yes! You deserve to have an explanation. If he's being secretive then he obviously has something to hide."

"Well how do I do it? He's on crutches so he doesn't get up much."

"Okay so before I came back here I went to Carter's first and when I was leaving I heard Luke asking if carter could help him put plastic on his leg so he could take a shower"

"So what? You want me to break in?"

"Not exactly break in.. More like let yourself in. I can text carter to come over and you can be waiting by their dorm and when he leaves you can go in."

"What if Luke has a phone password?"

"It's music. I've seen him put it in many times."

"And if I get caught?"

"then you're screwed so lets get this going!" She said while practically pushing me off my bed. I groaned and slipped my boots on.

"I just texted carter so make sure you can see him but he can't see you"

"Got it" I said while walking out the door. I walked to Luke and Carter's dorm and saw Carter walking out. I hurried up and jumped back around the corner and hit my sit on the edge of the wall.

"Shit!" I mumbled. Goodness that hurt. I'm definitely not doing good being a spy right now. I peeked my head around the corner and saw no signs of carter. Jeez how did he not hear me? I walked to the door and quietly opened it. I saw Lukes phone sitting on his bed. I hesitated to grab it at first. What I'm about to do will either be a good decision or a very bad decision..
_________________________

A/N

Okay I love y'all's comments! Please keep them up!!

I'm really sorry if you couldn't see the last chapter.. I have no idea why it won't let you see it. Maybe use a different device? Idk😁

Hopefully everyone can see this chapter! 😚💘