Chapter 17

Peyton

*next morning*

I guess I fell asleep watching full house. I woke up and every part of my body was cramped up. I screeched my arms out and cracked my neck. I looked over at Luke and he looked the same as he did yesterday.. Great. I checked my phone and saw that it was 10:30.

"I'm gonna go down to the cafeteria. Do you want something? I would get something else but I don't have my car.."

Ugh still nothing. Why do I keep talking to him as if he's just gonna suddenly answer? I went down to the hospital cafeteria and got whatever looked good. Which wasn't much but whatever. A muffin and orange juice will do for me. I walked back up to Lukes room and couldn't believe my eyes. He was finally moving! I sat my food down and bent down next to his bed. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at me.

"Who are you?"

My stomach literally dropped.

"You.. You don't remember me?"

"No... I-"

He didn't finish because he busted out laughing. What the heck?

"I'm sorry. I had to"

"Luke! That's not funny!"

"You're right I'm sorry. The look on your face was priceless though"

"You're such an ass"

He grabbed his head while laughing. "Ow this hurts. Stop making me laugh"

I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes.

"Please stop laughing. I don't want you to hurt anymore than you already do"

"Don't think that's possible."

I sighed and paged the nurse.

"How long was I out?"

"Lost track at 10 hours"

"Aw shit!"

"What?"

"My leg is broken"

Okay I couldn't help but laugh at that.

"It's not funny"

"Sorry but you didn't notice that when you woke up?"

"Nope.. The only thing I noticed was you"

"Hey! Glad to see you're awake!" The nurse said while approaching us.

"Sleeping was a lot less painful"

"I'm sure it was but its good that you're awake. Your girlfriend here was so worried about you. Asking every hour about when we think you're gonna wake up. You got a keeper here. I'm gonna go get the doctor and he'll give you some medicine to sue the pain"

This nurse has the biggest mouth...

"Uh okay thanks.."

"Not a problem!" She said while walking out.

"Girlfriend huh?" Luke said while smirking at me.

"Shut up. I had to say I was your girlfriend unless they probably wouldn't have let me in here."

"Mmm hmm. Okay"

"What?"

"Nothin"

"Nothin my ass. What?"

He chuckled.

"Stop the laughing! It's not good for your head"

"Okay sorry Dr. Peyton"

"I must have taken too long if you already have a Dr. Peyton in here?" Dr. Conrad said.

I smiled and felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. It was shane. What the hell could he want?

________________________

A/N

Thoughts?! What do y'all think?

comment & vote for a new update!!💋💘