Chapter 10: "I could never regret you."

Start from the beginning

After hearing him put my heels down and turn around continuing his duties, I turned to watched him as if he was a doctor in his practice, he was fascinating, yet another skill he excelled in.

It was beautiful to watch, he was graceful, delicate, intricate and certainly was no amateur. I spent the next hour watching him as he worked so beautifully. This man had me so captivated in everything that he did and it was so beautifully terrifying.

Eventually I saw him waltz towards me, I was enthralled by his beauty but I really hoped my face didn't spell that out to him.

I wasn't ready for him to know what lies behind my eyes when I looked at him but I knew I couldn't help it. He was just so celestrial. Otherworldly.

He put his hand out to me, I smiled as I slipped mine into his and he escorted me to the dining area. Chivarly was definitely not dead with him as he pulled out my chair and pushed it back in. He poured me some wine and clinked our glasses together, never once unlocking his eyes from mine.

We sat and ate in a comfortable silence, stealing glances every so often. I put my spare hand on the table as I dipped into my lobster bisque, moaning from the divine taste enticing my senses.

I soon felt his hand take hold of mine. I wanted to pull away feeling that fear begin to creep in as I remembered the last dinner I had with Chase. As if Tobias could feel my anxiety pulse, he didn't let me pull away but instead he drew soothing circles on my hand and I felt all of the thoughts of Chase melt away.

I couldn't help but smile at him, my smile reaching my eyes almost tearing up at how tranquil I felt being around him. "Tobias, thank you."

His eyes lit up as he smiled back at me before leaning back into his chair and tilting his head at me. "And what are you thanking me for Monroe? Because I think it should be me thanking you for giving this a chance. You're risking a lot being with me and I -"

I shook my head at him, I couldn't even focus as I watched his lips move but I knew what he would say. "Tobias, thank you for fighting so hard for this. Thank you for showing me that there might be better out there -" I looked down "I was always scared of change, of different and now I see that some changes are good. Thank you for showing me you."

I pushed my chair out before walking around to him, I leant over his lean body and placed a chaste kiss on his lips, once they connected I didn't want to let go.

The kiss depended as I felt his large hands on my waist. He began pulling me into him, I felt an instant ache build between my thighs as his hands lowered, his lips moved to my collar bone reaching my chest and just as I was about to straddle him he stopped.

He pulled away, with his bands still on my hips and placed a final kiss on my taute stomach through my dress. He looked up at me before saying "Let's take this bottle of wine and our glasses down to the living area and watch a few movies, mmm?"

I looked away avoiding his gaze, I felt rejected and the pang of my insecurities was heightening. I wormed out of his grasp, picked up the glasses and wine to ensure he couldn't grab ahold of my hand.

I saw his face full of concern so I plastered a smile on mine, trying to upkeep the facade of his rejection not hurting me. I scurried away from him and took a seat on his plush sofa looking straight at the TV as it rose from the floor once more.

I felt him slowly take a seat next to me and put on a movie. There was space between us, this awkwardness was filling the air and I was already regretting letting my insecurities take presidence.

I couldn't concentrate on the movie in front of me, as big as the screen was the only thing that was on my mind was the man sitting next to me, who fought for me to give him this chance and I am the one who was blowing it.