Chapter 14 - Discovery Days

OK SO AFTER FREAKING AGES I DID SOME PLANNING AND STUFF SO TIME TO WRITE

I realize it's been like............124564854w6q3524 years. Why yes w and q are numbers now... shh don't question me ._.

I could make up some lame excuse like "omg i had so much homework and i had no time" but let me be honest. I didn't really feel like writing anything to do with wattpad - too much work and writer's block.  I was busy with my own things. meep. I'm sorry, but at least I'm telling the truth...? 

welp. dun kill meh. 

Anyways, I hope I can update more often now that everything is pretty much planned out, except for some minor details (that may or may not be so minor).

Enjoy~! 

Comprehension Day

Lucy and Natsu had walked to the library after Lucy stopped crying, but the air around them was no where near as comfortable as it used to be before. It was tense and Natsu felt jittery just being around her, and not only because of what had just happened.

Lucy had explained everything to Natsu, and although he didn't understand everything, he got the basic idea. She had to figure out many things, but most of all, she needed to figure how to get herself out of the mess she'd fallen into and how to return everything to normal.

Before Lucy left on her journey, their was a huge announcement that the library would getting new scriptures, that allowed people to go inside images of the book, and experience for themselves what the book is describing.

Natsu, who barely ever went to the library and was never up to date with anything to do with it, of course, was immediately mystified by the idea. 

So, as soon as they arrived, he immediately went to that section, and picked up a scripture.

"Wait, Natsu!" Lucy cried, putting a hand on his shoulder, but he was already in the process of saying the incantation. 

The world blurred and fell around them, making Lucy's head spin. Suddenly, the surrounding environment began to unfold - a cold, snowy, winter day at the top of a mountain.

Lucy shivered, stepping closer to Natsu in an attempt to get warmer - he was practically a radiator.

"Y-you had to choose cold winter. Couldn't have been the t-tropics or something?" Lucy chattered, her teeth clacking together violently.

Natsu simply seemed appalled, the shock and amazement clearly visible on his face, "This is so awesome!" 

"Natsu, we have to f-focus!" Lucy chided, her breath coming out in puffs of white air, "Take us back!" 

Natsu looked back at the scripture, reading the instructions and shrugging slightly, "I dunno how."

The snow was falling heavily and Lucy was freezing cold, but on the other hand, Natsu didn't even seem fazed. She rolled her eyes in annoyance, taking the scripture, and starting from somewhere in the middle.

The coldest recorded temperature in Fiore was at the top of Mount. Kwoi, by two Ice Wizards, who also broke the record for surviving the longest in under -50 degrees. 

Lucy flipped the page after finding nothing, and as she did, the scene dissolved, another image forming around them. The cold wind and snow disappeared, and was replaced with heavy storm clouds and humid air. The ground beneath them turned soft, and Lucy felt her feet sink slightly.

The wettest place in Fiore was the Marshlands of D'ian, which was formed in a battle between the legendary water mage and stone-make wizard.