Chapter 10- Confusion Days

It's been so long I know I'm sorry </3

Here's your apology ^-^

Enjoy~!

Confusion Days

"What do you mean?" Natsu asked, stepping in front of Lucy protectively.

"She knows what I mean," Jack said, his voice roughening considerably, "You're messing with the source of darkness, Lucy; you should know it's going to destroy you and everyone you love."

Lucy's eyes were wide in shock, but she was unable to say anything - her mouth felt almost glued shut. Suddenly, the man began to change. He stood up straight and grew taller and thinner. His skin turned grey and looked almost rotten, and as he hunched over to rest on his four limbs, Lucy saw the bones beneath his thin skin.

It was like he was only bones and skin; there was no more room in his body for anything but that. His pupils were nothing but slits in his eyes, and his mouth was puckered and raw. His nose was nothing but two holes drilled into his face.

"It's going to destroy you and everyone you love," He repeated, his voice scratchy and hollow, "And your thirst to kill will keep getting stronger."

The blonde backed away, a small whimper escaping her. It was the first time she felt weakness since leaving Fairy Tail, and it burned her heart through. It was painful - because this wasn't supposed to happen. She was supposed to be strong.

"It's going to destroy everyone you and everyone you love," He said again, "As it did to me."

At that, he launched at Lucy, and she was barely able to dodge his claw-like hands that nearly stabbed through her. She fumbled to the side, trying not to fall as she scrambled to get away.

"What are you talkin' about? What do you mean destroy?" Natsu asked, his expression turning furious.

Monster Jack screeched at Natsu, the force of his scream almost knocking Natsu to the ground. He held his arms out protectively in front of him, his feet leaving marks as he was dragged backwards.

"Natsu," Lucy said, her voice steady again, "Leave it to me."

Natsu turned to her, his eyes wide with fear for Lucy, anger for the man, confusion on how Lucy would handle the guy, and so many other emotions that Natsu couldn't even say anything.

Her gloved hand twitched slightly, as if it wanted to release its power. She closed it in a fist, and drew her sword, becoming aware that she couldn't carelessly use her powers as she had been doing.

With a small cry of defiance, Lucy charged at the monster, jumping off the ground to make her strike more powerful. Unfortunately for her, the monster moved out of the way just before she was going to slice his head off. She curled into a ball, rolling as she hit the ground, and got up on her feet, turning around to face the monster once again.

"Jack, listen to me," Lucy said, panting, "You have the power to overcome the monster within you. Fight it, Jack, fight it!"

The monster screamed in agony, but charged at Lucy anyway. It reached its arm out almost as if to swat her away like a fly, but Lucy leaped out of the way, and ran closer towards the monster.

"Fight the monster!" Lucy yelled, "Do it for your wife and daughter – do it for everyone you lost! Fight, Jack!"

The monster covered its ears and roared at Lucy, making her fall back against the rocks behind her and almost cracking her head open. She got up, feeling dizzy, but managed to stumble towards the monster again.