Chapter 3- Painful Days

Thank you all for commenting and supporting me <3 Plus; I reached 151 followers, so here's a little something to reward y'all.

This is dedicated to FlamexKeys, I'm really a fan of her work 'cause it's really good, and I love it! I hope you all enjoy this chater!

Caterpillars! 

Chapter Three- Painful Days

Lucy woke up from her dreamless sleep, coughing violently. It wasn't the most pleasant way to wake up; why she'd much rather wake up to the song of the wind, but the burning in her chest didn't seem to want to go away.

After Lucy felt like she had hacked her lungs out, Lucy finally stopped. Her throat felt sore and her chest still burned, but besides that, Lucy couldn't even feel the rest of her body. It had gone completely numb.

Lucy knew she was lying down - she could see the wooden ceiling above her, but she was unable to move and see anything else. 

Slowly, feeling returned to her body, and the first thing Lucy noticed was how cold the room was. The second thing she noticed was the bandages wrapped tightly around her head.

Lucy sat up from the cot she had been sleeping on, and turned to scan the room. She was in what seemed like a cabin, with wooden floors and walls. 

"The world seems so distant to me..." A frail and old voice announced softly, startling Lucy.

"Uh, hello?" Lucy called, slightly afraid.

"I feel so detached, so alone..." The voice continued. Lucy sat in complete silence, afraid to say anything. The voice was hallow and it echoed slightly, making it sound almost ghostly. The room felt like it had gotten about 10 degrees colder, and a haunting mist hung in the air, completely diminishing the previous warmth.

"I wish I could just sleep all my troubles away. I wish I could fall into an endless dream, from which no one could awaken me." A faint scream rang in the air, interrupting the voice, but it continued, drowning out all other noises, "I feel lost. I feel broken. I feel like I have failed to complete my task."

Lucy felt a pang of pity for the man/woman/ghost/thing/whatever it was, but was too afraid to say anything.

 "Lucy Heartifilia, will you carry out my duties for me?" The voice asked slowly, pronouncing each syllable so carefully Lucy would have thought it's life depended on it.

"I-I...." Lucy trailed off, unable to say anything.

"Will you inhert my destiny?" The voice asked, "Will you accept my powers, grow stronger, and fullfill my duties?"

Lucy perked up at "grow stronger" and all her fear vanished, "Will I really grow stronger?"

"Indeed. You will be powerful beyond belief. As long as you complete my task." The voice replied.

"I'll do it!" Lucy exclaimed. She hadn't been listening much, but she was definately eager to show the world that she wasn't weak anymore. 

"Do you accept my power into your soul?" The voice asked, it's tone rising excitedly with each word.

Lucy should have hesitated; she should have wondered what that meant; she should have asked what that meant; but she eagerly nodded and exclaimed, "Yes!"

Her greed for power, her need to show the world who she was, was heavily growing. It overtook her ability to choose correctly, and little did she know how much it was going to cost her.

The voice cackled with glee, and murmured, "Xacion [zay-see-on], you were right. This girl will do very nicely!" 

Suddenly, a scream pierced through the night air. Several animals, surprised by the sudden disturbance in the usually silent forest, ran in the opposite direction of the scream.

Lucy Heartifilia was the source of this scream- a scream of pain; terror; and darkness. It was difficult to hold it in- the cries of pain, but the excruciating pain that started at the tips of her left hand and went upto her shoulder was absoloutely unbearable.

Lucy panted heavily, trying to catch her breath after screaming so much. The pain had miraculously stopped, but Lucy felt incredibely tired. She barely felt it as she fell onto the cot and fell into a deep sleep, full of nightmares.

Lucy...

Lucy snapped awake, her breathing irregular as she quickly rose from her bed. At first, the events of the previous night were unclear, but she soon recalled them. Her gaze instinctively went to her left arm, which was completely fine, but it was her hand that was different. Her left hand (A/N: The one that doesn't have her fairy tail insignia) had a weird marking on it. A demon's eye was imprinted- no, burned into her hand in red. The eye was currently closed, red scales over it's eyes that looked sturdy and metalic. Underneath, Lucy could make out blurred markings in a deep blue colour. It the characters were to smudged and faded to make out.

Lucy changed into the spare clothing she found, a long, beige top and brown tights. To finish it off, she wore combat boots and a dark brown jacket. Lucy didn't like the dull colours, but currently, she couldn't find anything else that fit and was comfortable. A single leather glove had been buried under the pile of clothes where she found her outfit, so she quickly pulled it over her left hand, covering her marking.

The uneasy feeling disappeared almost immediately, but the light pain that was in her hand remained. However, Lucy barely noticed.

She grabbed her backpack, which she found in the same closet where she found her clothing, and proceded to head out the door. Suddenly, the voice spoke:

"Lucy Heartifilia, whenever you wish to release your power, you must uncover your hand and...."

The voice explained what to do while Lucy listened, feeling slightly impatient. She didn't really want to use the magic now, which was weird, because she could feel the magic power that was stored in her soul. It was powerful, alright.

After a brief goodbye, Lucy left the cabin in the woods, and headed towards the lights she saw in the distance. Her sight and hearing skills had greatly improved, along with her sense of smell.

As she approached the city, she was barely aware of the pain in her left hand. It was annoying, yes, but nothing Lucy couldn't handle.

As she boarded the train to Magnolia, deciding to immediately return to Fairy Tail, she wondered when the dull throbbing would fade away.

That's it for this chapter, and yes, I know it's short, sorry. :( Anyway, what do ya think of this chapter? Please leave comments and votes for me, it really means a lot~!

~Infinite_Warrior