Chapter 12 - Possessed Days

Posessed Days

When Lucy awoke, nothing felt the same. Her head was pounding, and her hand burned with fierce energy she had never felt before. Her stomach was churning and it felt like fire was racing through her veins instead of blood.

"Oh, Lucy-san, you're awake!"

The voice was echoed out with her heartbeat, which was so irregular and fast it felt like her heart was just going to jump out of her body and run away.

"Lucy-san...?"

The burning in her body grew more and more intense. The voice calling her name only seemed to grow more and more distant, and it was like she was getting trapped in somthing invisible, something sinister, something she had never felt before.

Don't fight it, Lucy. The more you fight it, the worse it will become. 

"Get out of my head!" Lucy screamed, her voice feeling raw. Her vision was filled with only darkness, and she couldn't see anything but her own reflection, slowly falling apart, as if the mirror she was looking into was cracking. Blood spewed out from the cracks, and her eyes seemed to be dripping from the hot, sticky liquid. Her reflection was coughing out blood, staining her black clothes with crimson, until her entire existence was stained with it. 

Finally, her entire reflection just exploded with blood, which somehow flew out of the mirror and splattered all over her. Lucy screamed once again, her head flowing with thoughts of pure terror. 

"Stop it please!" Lucy cried desperately. She couldn't handle the pain anymore. It burned, it burned so much, as if everything was just being blinded with the unbearable pain. Tears dripped down her cheeks, splattering on to her clothes, and as Lucy tried to wipe them, her hands became stained red, making her realize that it was blood dribbling down her cheeks.

Suddenly, she began coughing, spitting the crimson liquid out from her mouth as she struggled to take a breath, struggled to just get through it, struggled to be free from her torture.

But the end was too far. She couldn't see past her own darkness, past her own despair, past the blood that was staining her, consuming her, and taking her life from her, bit by bit. What had happened in her reflection was happening in reality, and Lucy couldn't handle the utter terror anymore.

Lucy finally gave in. She stopped fighting the pain, stopped trying to breathe, stopped trying to live any further. Lucy truly believed she was going to die there, never to see the light again, never to feel the joy of being with her friends, never to feel the warmth and the love from her guild.

And that's when everything stopped. 

Her life seemed to float out of her body, making her feel light, and empty. The darkness from before had completely vanished, and Lucy was simply lying on a cold floor, which felt good after the blood bath she had just taken. Lucy felt paralyzed, she couldn't move her body, it literally wouldn't respond to the commands her brain was giving her. She was stuck, lying on that cold floor, staring at the plain white ceiling, lifeless as a rag doll.

But strangely enough, Lucy had never felt so at peace. She had never felt so peaceful, so stressfree, like she was on a cloud. She truly felt serene. 

It ended much too quickly. 

Feeling slowly returned to her body, painful as ever, but nothing like the mental torture she had just endured. Her eyes slowly came into focus, settling in on a strange scene.

She was upright, her muscles straining against the restriction of someone's muscluar arms. Her right fist was closed around the hilt of her sword, which was embedded in the someone's leg. She felt a dark power brewing from her left hand, surrounding her body and her restrainer's, making her feel cold on the inside.

"Stop it, Lucy!" Someone was yelling.

As her eyes scanned her surroundings, she noticed something she never thought she would she before. Her friend's, her guildmates' eyes were filled with utter terror, directed from her. She was instilling fear into her dear comrades, scaring them, and Lucy never wished to be like that. What had happened?

"This magic... this power... it's taking over you!" The voice yelled.

It was unmistakably Natsu's voice, she had heard it so many times, she could recognize it anywhere. It was engraved into her memory, something she kept close to her heart. Yet, it was almost as if it was fading away, like it was rubbed away and just a mess of scribbles.

"Natsu..." Lucy said, her voice so soft, even Natsu almost missed it.

Natsu's left arm was around her stomach, and his right arm was gripping tightly onto her wrist, which was still wrapped around her hilt's sword. Suddenly, she let go, and the magic faded, and she fell forward. She turned around, looking at Natsu, and gasping in horror.

Her sword was deeply embedded into his thigh, blood, pouring out of it. His clothes were torn and burnt, and he had multiple wounds on his body, but the worst part was his face. It looked so hurt, so disappointed, so betrayed, that Lucy felt like she could've died right there, instead of him going through that much pain, because of her.

"Natsu," Lucy said, this time louder, "Wh-"

"Don't..." Natsu breathed, "Just don't say anything."

Lucy looked down, feeling like she was being crushed, her breathing sped up considerably, but it was barely noticed. Natsu gave a cry of pain, and Lucy looked up to see him pulling the sword out of his thigh.

"Natsu-san!" Wendy cried, rushing him to him as he nearly collapsed. She helped him to the infirmary, without even looking at Lucy once. As soon as they disappeared, she became well aware of everyone staring at her, and the quiet sobbing of her favourite blue cat. 

Lucy looked at her friends, her family with a look of regret and pain, "Everyone... I'm so sorry. I hope that you can forgive me."

She rose shakily, from her spot on the ground, tears slipping down her cheeks. She took several deep breaths to calm down, "I promise... I won't come back to Fairy Tail again. I've cause you all too much pain, and I'm just going to stay away. I'm so sorry everyone, please forgive me."

She stumbled towards the door, or where it used to be, and everyone was too shocked to do anything but clear a way for her.

As Lucy, torn, broken, feeling more dead than alive, walked away from her precious guild, she gave it one, last, longing look.

And then started walking again.

.

.

.

I'm so sorry this this was super delayed but I promise updates will start coming much faster from now on because I've decided to come back to wattpad more often so yeah.

ALSO. 

OMG 900 followers o.o

WAHTTATAHT guys that's I N S A N E omggg thank you all so so so so so much I cannot tell you how much it means to me omfg you guys are literally the best <3

Thank you so much for all the support! 

And remember, first comment gets next chapter's dedi~

~Infinite_Warrior

[unedited; i will edit the whole book later, once it's finished and stuff~ Please ignore all mistakes :3]