Chapter 1- Dangerous Days

Happy Birthday prettykitty280! Update 1/5

Chapter 1 - Dangerous Days

"Listen up, everyone!" Master yelled, causing everyone to turn and look at the short man, "I have some important news, so listen carefully." 

"Is this about the meeting you went to yesterday?" Mira asked.

"That's right." Master replied, nodding. The entire guild stopped their chatter and turned to face Master Makarov, who began, "Guilds have been disappearing, one by one."

"The whole guild?" Levy asked, shocked.

"The whole guild." Master confirmed, "The people, the building, everyone. The disappearance of guilds is becoming more common, and whoever - or whatever- is doing this, is now posing a threat to Fiore."

"Are you basically telling us to be careful? Because I got somewhere to go." Laxus grunted impatiently.

"Yes, and I volunteered our guild to investigate. This is a chance to make a good impression on the council, so I'll be counting on you all." Master explained.

"Alright! I love mysteries!" Lucy yelled, throwing her fist into the air.

"Only one team will be going to actually investiagate the scenes; a powerful team incase the person responsible for this decides to return. Everyone else will stay in Magnolia and research from here." Master finished.

"Who's on the team?" Cana asked, sitting up straight and setting her cup down.

"Natsu, Gray, Erza, Mirajane, Gajeel, Wendy, Laxus and Juvia." Master said. Lucy, who had been expecting her name to be in the team, deflated a little, surprised.

There were some cheers and some groans, but Lucy stayed silent. She cursed herself for being weak, that's probably why she wasn't on the team. 

"That team is leaving now. Go!" Master exclaimed, and the group of eight mages exited the building, discussing a plan.

Lucy, crestfallen, sat down at the bar beside Cana. 

"Levy, you organize a team to help you research at the library!" Master yelled. Levy immediately ran to Lucy, who gave the petite blue-haired girl a small smile.

"Want to help me?" Levy asked.

"I'm sorry, Levy-chan, but I'm a bit tired right now. I think I'll go rest." Lucy lied.

Levy frowned slightly, but said, "Okay."

Lucy smiled again and got up, pushing open the door to the guild. She was greeted with a cold wind, immediately making her shiver. She wrapped her hands around herself as she walked back to her apartment.

Lucy took a warm bath, using the time to think. She was slightly upset that she wasn't in the group that was investigating, but she wasn't as confused as to why. Lucy was obviously weak, and everybody knew that. 

Her thoughts began to turn darker, as she began to question why she was in Fairy Tail if she was so weak. Lucy had only caused trouble for them, right? Why were they so kind, to keep in her the guild? Why did everything seem like her fault?

Lucy sighed, stepping out of the bathtub and slipping on some comfy clothes. After making herself some dinner, she headed to bed.

I want to become stronger. Lucy thought, pulling the covers over her body. I'm going to show everyone that I can become strong. I'm always useless on jobs anyway. This way, I can actually help by becoming strong. I won't cause trouble for everyone anymore.