Chapter 2- Training Days

Happy birthday again Angie-san! Update 2/5

Caterpillars!

Chapter 2- Training Days 

A month had passed since Lucy had left Fairy Tail, but Lucy never spoke about the guild. She only showed her will to become stronger; stronger than stronger.

It was natural for Lucy to open four-five gates at a time, and if she was lucky, she could open upto seven, and once even eight. Lucy trained hard, and her spirits trained hard with her. She knew the weakness of a Celestial Spirit Mage was their body, so she focused on hand to hand combat with Loke. 

Lucy asked her spirits not to question her, to which they agreed. Although all of them could tell there was a reason behind her crazed actions, none of them could think of why.

"Dodge, Lucy!" Loke yelled. Lucy jumped up, dodging Taraus' axe just in time. She twirled her whip around in her hand, snapping it onto Taraus' body. He groaned, falling to the floor.

The only thing that hadn't changed about her was her care for her spirits. Even though she was harsh and cold to everyone else, her kindness to her spirits did not break.

"Taraus!" Lucy exclaimed, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Ms. Lucy. I'll just return to the Celestial World now..." Taraus said, before disappearing.

Lucy sat down, exhausted. Her training session with Taraus had really tired her, and Loke saw that through the tough-girl cover she put up.

"You should relax until tomorrow, Lucy. Infact, I should go now, since I will be using some magic power from you." Loke said, looking at Lucy with concern.

However, Lucy only waved her hand dissmissively, "It's fine, Loke. You know that having one spirit out doesn't do much anymore. Plus, I want some company."

Loke smiled, "Shall I make something to eat, then?"

Lucy gulped, looking down at her feet nervously. Loke's cooking was horrible, to put it nicely, "I think I'll call Virgo for that, Loke. I guess you can leave after all."

Loke just smiled, bowing down in front of her. He was replaced by Virgo, who appeared in the same position Loke left.

"Time for punishment, princess?" Virgo asked.

"I'm dying to have one of your meals; I'm so hungry!" Lucy sighed, leaning against a tree.

"I'll make one right away." Virgo started to gather ingredients, mixing them together in a bowl, "When are you returning to Fairy Tail, princess?"

Lucy scowled slightly, turning away from Virgo. Instead of replying, Lucy experimentally slashed through the air with her sword, which Virgo had presented her with only a few days ago. Lucy was getting better, but she was far from mastering it. 

This sword....if I were back in FairyTail, Erza could have taught me how to use it, Lucy thought, Auen, means the outside. I feel like I'm now an outsider to Fairy Tail, and this sword is my only connection back.

"Eventually." Lucy answered softly, "Now how's that meal coming along? Do you need some help?"

"It's alright." Virgo replied, continuing to whip up the meal. In another few minutes, a delicious meal was served on the tree stump they were using as a table.

"Thank you, Virgo!" Lucy replied gratefully.

"I must leave now, princess." Virgo bowed down, and Lucy gave her permission to leave after thanking her once more. Lucy ate her meal in silence, there wasn't anyone to talk to anyway, and listened to the wind sing for her.

At times like this, memories of Fairy Tail returned to her. Lucy couldn't stop herself from remembering the noisy and fun lunches she used to have with Team Natsu on their ways to jobs. As much as it hurt to stay away, if she went back it would hurt more.

Not anymore. You're stronger now. No one will ever call you weak again. Lucy reminded herself. Her thoughts wandered to Virgo's question earlier, and she made up her mind.

She would slowly make her way back to Fairy Tail. She would still train a lot, and no one would make fun of her again. The harsh words came rushing back to her, so fast that Lucy couldn't even breathe.

"Look, it's Team Natsu!" A young boy yelled, pointing to Lucy and the others.

"Can we have your autographs?" The little girl beside the boy squealed. Natsu and Erza laughed, while Gray smirked and Wendy smiled shyly.

"Sure, sure." Gray said, making a pen out of ice and scribbling his name on the little girl's notebook. One by one, the little boy and girl everyone's signature, except Lucy's.

"Don't you want my autograph?" Lucy asked, smiling sightly.

"No, you're weak!" The boy said, immediately closing his book and returning the pen.

"Yeah, we'd never want an autograph from someone like you!" The girl exclaimed, before they both ran away.

Lucy stared after them, her heart broken. She knew she was weak, but these little children telling her so made her actually realize it. It made her feel self conscious.

"Don't worry about them, they're just kids." Erza reassured, smiling at Lucy.

"Yeah, don't worry what they say! You'll get stronger and stronger until they can't say anything about you!" Natsu cheered.

Lucy almost broke. That meant she was weak right now, and her teammates knew it. What a nuiscance she must be, a burden and an annoyingly weak girl who just tagged along.

Lucy smiled fakely, shrugging it off, but she never forgot those words.

Lucy awoke, breaking into a cold sweat. The little boy and girl's words still rang in her head, making her clench her fist in anger. 

She was angry at everything, she was tired of being called weak, and she was tired of feeling weak. She hated when Natsu or the others had to save her, and she felt pathetic when she couldn't do anything by herself. She hated when she caused troubles for others and could never help others. 

Lucy found a dark red aura radiating off of her in large waves. Lucy felt stronger, and more angry. Her rage was taking over, her vision tinted red. It was like the world was a dark and miserable place, blood and tears the only existence.

"Lucy Heartifilia, eh? Interesting. Very interesting." A soft voice behind her said. The voice was firm and raspy, holding power and wisdom, yet cruelty and darkness at the same time.

Lucy whipped around, drawing her sword without willing too. Her actions were forced and robotic; she wasn't moving on her own. Something was controlling her.

"Stop... i-it." Lucy managed to stutter, but the aura only got stronger. The rage and anger hadn't only taken over, it was now hurting, too. Lucy felt like her heart was breaking, and pain errupted from her chest.

"You'll do very nicely." The voice decided. Lucy vision went black, her body crumpling to the ground.

Thoughts? ^-^

~Infinite_Warrior