Chapter 78- Reset

Start from the beginning

"I'm...sorry?"

"You're sorry?"

"I'm...really sorry?"

"You're joking right!"

"Ummm..."

Shi  began feeling uncomfortable with the situation as he looked around the  room. Somehow the idea of being treated like a child who had been caught  doing something wrong was becoming much worse than simply being tortured.

"This is...somewhat confusing to me."

"Hmmm?"

Shi's eyes shifted back and forth between the room and Kami,  whose eyes firmly looked down at him. What was her game? Was this how  she chose to handle the situation. He had spent some sum of time killing  and stealing souls, creating utter chaos not just here, but in the  Omniverse itself, plaguing the world with his existence, and this girl  walks in and takes it all as a kid having a tantrum? A swelling of  hatred began filling his very being and surely enough his voice  reflected the anger that was building up.

"Do not treat me like a child."

"Oh?"

"I'm not simply a kid wh-"

"But you are." Kami's eyes once more reflected the dark emptiness of a husk behind them. "That's all you've ever been."

"Enough! I am Death itself, I should be giv-"

"Death  itself? You spoiled brat, I gave you that position, the only reason why  you have any measure of power is because I will it. I could hand that  position over to anyone I see fit and they would probably be more  thankful about it."

Shi's  teeth began to grit together, his hands turning into fists. This Kami  was making him lose composure, and he could feel himself slipping.

"Then why have you never done so before?"

"Are you deaf, I've already done so. You just happen to be lucky enough that you haven't been replaced in this timeline yet."

So  that was it, he was replaceable, just a headstone figure the great Kami  decided to put in his board. Anyone else could do the job he did. His  anger quelled and a smirk replaced his displeased expression. Of course,  he already knew this, but he had never heard the words coming directly  from Kami itself. If he could appreciate one thing from this girl, it  was her brutal honesty, although, facing the reality, was not pleasing.  His smirk slowly turned into a soft chuckle and then a hardy laugh.

Kami  silently stared at Shi whose composure seemed broken. His laugh echoed  through the large room, sending yet another chill of fear to those  around. It was the laugh of someone broken, someone who had nothing to  lose, but everything to gain. Just like that, it came to a stop, a quick  cut off that looked out of place as his eyes wandered up to hers and he  smirked once more.

"I've won anyhow, haven't I? This is why you're so displeased."

"..."

"I did, I really have! Hahaha, he's going to die, Death has taken the victory!"

"Your timeline will suffer for your decision."

"Bah, suffering is but another way of living."

Shi shifted in his chair, feeling the embrace of a calm wave filling him. His composure slowly returned as he crossed his legs and happily looked up at Kami.

"Tell  me, oh mighty Creator, what happens next after his Death, the father  will come soon of course but I believe we have some time."

"There are plenty of us to replace him, such a-"

"Ah, but I will be the one to have toppled the mighty Creator down."

"You? You're an observer, you never did anything, this fight has always been between us you did nothing."

"Lovely sisters, your ego is so huge, you don't see that my small actions lead to this, no matter how insignificant."

Shi  felt his body becoming heavy, and suddenly an overwhelming terror swept  over him. The throne he sat on easily crumbled underneath his new  gained weight as his body collapsed on the ground. The two girls who had  been silently standing next to him were flung back and out of sight as  Kami slowly approached Shi and hovered over.

Her  expression was broken, somewhere between indifference and complete  insanity. She stepped over Shi's face and slowly pushed down on it. Her  voice had a temper he had not heard for a while. It was that of the old  Creator, one who punished and judged.

"I  could always start over, right here, just a simple command, and  everything could be over." she said, her breathing becoming uneven. "The  Omniverse remade, toppling every timeline, only the Creator, above  all."

Shi's  face started sinking onto the ground as the pressure of her foot on his  face began crumbling the ground underneath him. His eyes delightfully  glanced up at Kami, the words barely escaping his mouth.

"Do it. Death to all."

Kami's eyes filled with anger. Wouldn't be too difficult, an easy way to prove this small creature wrong, show him the full extent of her power. No, showing him would be too much, after all in this perfect world she would create, he wouldn't exist, no need to show him anything if he was never made. Yes, a clean slate is what this crashing plane needed, as if it never happened. She felt herself losing it to this mockery as a notification popped up in front of her eyes.

[ WARNING, YOU ARE ABOUT TO DELETE YOUR SAVE DATA AND START A NEW GAME, CONTINUE? Y/N]