twenty three

+ asking the truth

+ asking the truth

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

"y'all are really hurting my arms, where are you even taking me and why am i blindfolded?"

"yoomi shut up and let us lead you." dahee says as her and daehwi make sure she doesn't trip over anything.

today was her big day, though it wasn't really a milestone day, but it's the day she's finally turning 22 years old.

her friends lead her to a house. it was a house they've only known about today, and her friends knew she would be happy to see what would come next.

"guys can i remove this stupid blindfold now? it feels like you guys just kidnapped me."

"you can in like ten seconds." youngmin says. they quickly prepare something before ten seconds passes and before they knew it, she removed her blindfold.

the group yelled, "surprise! happy birthday yoomi!" as she was completely surprised seeing an unfamiliar place and a nice cake with candles on top. they sang happy birthday and she made her wishes. after that, she blew her candles and the group clapped.

"so.. before i start feeling comfortable, where exactly are we?" yoomi says, confused.

"well... this is partially your new home..." daehwi awkwardly smiled as she becomes a little surprised.

"your adoptive parents told us this address as they offered their nice place to hold our little surprise for you." dahee smiled.

"my adoptive parents? what? tell me the truth are you lying—" her adoptive parents suddenly comes out from the kitchen and greets yoomi a hello with a big hug. at this moment, she felt like crying.

"....m-mom? and... dad?" she didn't feel used to calling someone mom and dad after a while, but she had a good feeling in her body, a feeling of joy.

"welcome to your new home, yoomi." her mom says and she smiles widely, hugging her mom.

"you'd actually have to thank donghyun and woojin! they're the ones who told us about your birthday and how they wanted us to surprise you on your day." her dad says, smiling. "you have very good friends, yoomi."

yoomi looks back at the two boys, awkwardly and stiffly standing, feeling shy. she gives them a little side smile and turns back to have a chat with her parents.

her friends were all proud that yoomi gets to finally cross off the one thing she's been wanting in life; a fresh start by being loved by a family, specifically by parents.