The Supermarket

-Andrew-

I woke up the next morning, saturday. I rubbed my face, I stood up and went to the bathroom, washed my face. I guess you could say this was my morning routine. It's interesting the amount of influencers that post shit like this, they make it seem refreshing to wake up, it isn't. I feel dead every time. I took my gym clothes my bag and left, I messaged my mom saying I was going to the gym. 

I open the glass doors from the gym place, close the door behind me. I went straight to the locker room, changing into my gym clothes and leaving my shit in the locker. I started to stretch, then going to one of the many workout machines.

My workout isn't that impressive, I just ran in the treadmill and did the bicycle thingy. Did some pushups, sometimes and some floor work. I was already sweating, I was tired, my routine was over. 

I went to the locker room again, took a shower and got in my classic clothes. I needed to run to the supermarket, I wanted some redbull and cookies, some 'goldfish' crackers too.

I got in my car and drove to the supermarket, it isn't that far away actually i could walk there but I was too tired to. Once I was inside the store i took a cart and began to search for the Red Bull and the rest of the shit i want. I took some other things my mom needed. I was now ready to check out, I usually go to the self check out places but there's a lot of people there, guess they don't want to make human contact just as I.

I waited in line, there was a brunette lady with one kid, I'm guessing her daughter. She looked 13-14 something among those ages, she had black clothes and chains, she was wearing glasses. She looked bored and downhearted. But more like depressed, I pity her. 

I looked to the cashier and saw him. How did I get so lucky? He was busy, meaning he didn't see me, I could have moved to another cashier but now the people in front of me left.

Now it was my turn, so I moved the cart to closer to the cashier and placed the items in the table artifact.

I muttered a small "Hi." then looked down, I didn't want to face him, I was shy in a way.

"Good morning, card of points?" He smiled politely. 

"Nope." 

"Alright" He scanned the items, the red bull, the cookies but stopped when scanning the 'goldfish' crackers.

"Really?" he looked at me, an eccentric smile of his stupid pretty face, "Yes really." I said looking up, his eyes and mine making contact. I felt tingling. 

He then scanned the last item, then looked at me "That will be 10 dollars." he smiled, I took the money and gave it to him. "Do you want a bag for that?"

"No bag. You know.. Save the turtles" I laughed. And fringed mentally at my comment, "Save basically every living creature in danger" he said.

"Of course" I started to walk away from the cashier but then his voice stopped me, "Wait Andrew!" I look his way, "You know my name?" I question him, "Of course I know your name" I rolled my eyes

"Yes, Dalton?" I wanted to know why he called me, he looked disbelieved, like he didn't think this situation through, his eyes look slightly panicked.

After a long time he responded. "Nothing have a great day." He smiles sweetly, "You too" I replied  smiling back and left, leaving the cart inside and taking my stuff.

Once I was outside the supermarket, I started to walk to where I had parked my car, I couldn't stop thinking about what happened inside.

The curiosity is killing me, what were his intentions? I got to my car, left the groceries in the trunk and drove away. Just then I received a call from an unknown number, I picked up.

"Hello?" I answered. 

"Andy..." the voice said, I recognize that voice, it was Luke. "What do you want?" I said, I sat there in uncomfortable silence, waiting for an answer, "I'm gonna hang-up if you don't-", he interrupted me.

"I'm sorry" Luke said. 

"It's too late, don't you think?" 

"I know..I'm sorry, please just listen.." 

"I am listening."

"Alright, I don't have a good excuse, all I can say is...I am embarrassed by how I acted last night, I'm sorry, I really am..." he stuttered, something about his voice let me think that he has been crying, his voice was shaky, he sounded like taking a various amount of small breaths every time he talked, but not any of them made him steady.

"I have anger issues, and I am trying my best to control myself, I always do...I don9r know what got over me, I sincerely apologize..." he then kept quiet.

"Luke." I tried to keep him there, something made me thing he was dead, maybe the silence.
"I have issues, I know I do...I do my best to control myself, but sometimes I can't do much and I just, fall apart" even though he rambled the same words before, he sounded honest, like he pulled thought in every word.

"Andrew? Are you still there?" he said softly, he sounded so vulnerable.

"Yes I am still here, I just feel like a dick for treating you the way that I did." I sigh, rubbing my face.

He chuckles, but the hurt sense in him is not gone, "It's ok Andrew. I don't blame you" That made me feel something, pity.

The car ride went fast, I kept talking to luke while I drove, of course I had my phone down and the speaker on. We decided to meet up at the cafe.

We didn't really said if it was a 'date', we are going out as friends. Starting fresh.