Dalton Herdman

-Andrew-

Dalton Herdman, he seems like an intimidating man. His green eyes are sharp, his black hair is messy and contrasts his pale skin with big dark circles. His physical appearance was one that somehow made some worry, he looked unhealthy. Perhaps he was just skinny. He was handsome, Louis Vuitton handsome.  

There's something about him, an aura, that just makes him beautiful. Something I can't seem to describe that just draws me to him, like a string. Whenever I saw him walking through the halls alone, I can't help but think "He is so cool, I want to know him better."

Only to later realize that I'm attracted to him, like I am attracted to men. So he's one of the reasons that made me realize I am actually gay, stupid of me not to realize sooner when I wasn't attracted to women ever.

We stared at him while everyone was currently in shock, he didn't talk at all. Not even once, but now that the teacher mentioned the board full of beautiful poems, he said something. Interesting. 

"Looks like there's only two people who know about this poems." Mr.Begley said. His words made me cringe, I wanted to leave. 

I nodded, "What can you both say about this poems?" He asked moving around room going up the stairs and then down. 

Stop moving. I became irritated.

I stayed quiet, didn't say a single word. He looked at both of us. The silence was loud. I glanced at Dalton, his chiseled features showing off, he looked back at me, didn't say a word. "I'm waiting," said Mr.Begley, I turned to look at the teacher, the sound of his foot tapping the floor.

Say something, idiot.

Everyone was silent, it felt like no one really was alive. Like everyone was fading away.

The tension was cut when the bell rang, class was over, every one stood up from their seats and left the room, one by one, the teacher went to his seat and erased the previous word that was written. I stood up and looked for Dalton, but I didn't found him.

He was gone

I left the room, and ran outside, I bumped into people from the hallway. Muttering "sorry", I continued my search. Then I found him, he was walking with his hoodie on, his back facing me, I saw him disappear in somewhere I couldn't figure out, I follow his steps.

Just then I felt a pair of big hands dragging me to that place where he disappeared.

"Don't follow me." He said, his voice incredibly raspy, like a sore throat, a voice that I would love, wake up to.

"I wasn't following you," I claimed looking up at him. He was taller than me.

"And I am not." I added.

"Number one, I know you are, I could feel you." He said looking down at me.

"How do you know I was following you" I changed the topic.

He went quiet. "I just know. Do you need something?" 

"I wasn't chasing you, and no, I don't." I crossed my arms against my chest.

"Then why would you follow me?" he said with a sly grin.

"I don't know why I followed you okay?" I scoffed.

"So now you're admitting you were following me." he grinned, his green eyes pinning me down.

"No comments." I gulped. 

"Okay, don't do that again." he shaked his head while leaning down towards my face. He placed his arm behind me, resting on the wall, his face slowly got closer to mine. I could feel my heart on my throat. I closed my eyes as if that would made him disappear. 

Then, cool air hit me. I opened my eyes and saw him leave. 

"The fuck was that." I sighed to myself. Looking around I could see everyone still walking, minding their own business. I wiped invisible dust off my clothes and then continued on. I arrived to my assigned classroom and couldn't take his beautiful voice out of my mind, it was like a broken record, repeating his words over and over again. Didn't know how his words could make such an impact on me, it's impressive that was the first time I talked to him. 

I can't take him off my mind.