Seeing the Costumes

Xavier

The next morning, I woke up to an empty bed. I looked at the nightstand, it was seven o'clock. I groaned getting out of bed and getting into the shower. After, I got dressed I went downstairs to the kitchen. Aubrey and Jasmine were in the kitchen with Chase. Aubrey was cooking. what smelled like, bacon. I walked to her, putting my arms on either side, leaning down to her ear.

"You could have just stayed in bed with me." She turned smiling up at me and holding out a cup of coffee to me.

"It still bothers you." I took the mug.

"How are you this awake after only five hours of sleep." She shrugged turning back to cook. I walked over to the table taking my seat. I noticed Jasmine scoot closer to Chase. Chase saw me watching her.

"Jasmine, this is Xavier. Xavier, Jasmine." I nodded towards her. "So are you going to bring Aubrey to the bar tonight." It was Halloween and we went to the bar every year.

"I have work." Aubrey said, I frowned.

"Call out."

"I can't just call out to go to a bar." Blade walked in looking exhausted.

"Dude, I'm really going to need y'all to shut the fuck up so I can sleep longer than an hour." He plopped down in an empty chair. "What time are we going tonight? I don't wanna miss the costumes." Aubrey turned to look at him and frowned.

"Who's going to go to work with her?" Chase asked me nodding towards Aubrey.

"Xavier, you aren't going?" Blade asked. "We never miss Halloween." He was right. Halloween was the best night. All the guys would come out and we'd all drink and I'd usually end up in the back with some girl after an hour of drinking. Clutch came down stairs and went straight for the coffee.

"Blade, it's just another night at the bar." Clutch muttered.

"Well, I'm not missing it. No offense, Aubrey." I looked at Aubrey, she ignored him and was looking at me. She looked upset.

"I'll go to work with her." Clutch said, Aubrey shot him a small smile.

"I'll call Eric and see if he will go too." I said leaning back in my chair.

"Why not you?" Aubrey asked crossing her arms. I shrugged.

"I wanna go out."

"To see all the costumes?" She shot at me sounding annoyed. I took a deep breath. She rolled her eyes.

For the rest of the day she was very aggravated and I'd never seen her like that. She didn't try to talk to me she only really talked to Clutch and Jasmine. I followed her upstairs when she went to get ready for work.

"What's your problem?" I demanded.

"Nothing." She didn't even turn around. I grabbed her arm and forced her to look at me.

"You have been in a mood all day. What the hell did I do?"

"You know what, nothing." She pushed me off. "Just go have fun tonight." She reached down and grabbed her purse. "Hope there are enough girls there to please you." That pissed me off.

"Why are you making such a big deal about this?" I snapped. "I can go out if I want to, I don't need you acting like some jealous teenage girl, got it? I never said anything about going to hook up with someone and you are acting like I already have someone lined up!"

"Well, don't you have that lovely girl waiting for seconds?"

"At least I'll be with someone who won't be giving me hell." I said just to make her angry. I regretted the words as soon as they were out of my mouth. She shook her head looking away from me.

"You know, you were right. You told me from day one you had no feelings for me, I should have listened." She turned to the door and left.