twenty-three// Eddie and Richie

I'm sorry for not updating in like 1000 years I lost a lot of motivation so the updates are gonna be slower and chapters will most likely be shorter for a while
Sorry!!!

     "good mornin' losers!" Richie sang, his usual country accent lacing his voice.
     A sigh erupted.
     "Oh-a, dont-a be so-a glum-a," Richie switched to a horrible Italian voice, sliding smoothly into his usual spot beside Eddie on the end.
     "Richie, shut the hell up," stan rolled his eyes.
     "Will do, cap'n!"
     Lunch was normal, well, mostly normal.
     Eddie was oddly quiet today.
     He didn't sit with his shoulder pressed as close to richies as possible, he didn't snap back with sassy remarks to richies comments, just kept his distance and zipped his mouth shut.
     Eddie wanted answers.
     He was sick and tired of kiss after kiss, word after word, touch after touch for it all to just be ignored! He wants this to be recognized, he wants to know whether Richie liked him or not because he sure loved him.
Richie was scared.
He wanted them to mean something, he really did, but every time he'd make a move he'd panic and try to forget it. He wished he was braver, but he wasn't.
Most people may assume Richie is stronger and braver than Eddie. It's easy to think this, really.
Richie's taller, talks more, Eddie is small and scared of germs. But really, richies a coward. He's a baby. He may be dominant in the relationship but he slept with a night light until he was ten.
Eddie was braver than you'd think, but he didn't know that. He's kicked and shoved away Patrick many times before he gave up, he put up a fight hundreds of times, something Richie would never do.
Eddie decided it was time he know for sure.
The losers talked, conversed, laughed. Eddie slowly, stealthily, placed his hand beside richies on the bench they sit on.
He carefully overlapped Richie's pinky with his own. He could feel the goosebumps trickle Richie's skin from surprise. He slowly moved his hand up his wrist and his lower arm, easing the hair that were stuck up. Richie let himself lean in closer to his touch, allowing himself to relax in the simple, comforting brush of skin on skin.
Eddie smiles in triumph, hugging Richie's arm and resting his head carefully on the lower half of his shoulder. The losers thought nothing of it, Richie and Eddie had always been close, but Eddie and Richie knew what it meant. They always have known.
Except now, Richie wasn't the stronger one.
He couldn't even brave up to make a move.
But Eddie could.
So now, it wasn't Richie and Eddie.
It's Eddie and Richie.

THIS IS SO SHORT AND CRAPPY BUT I CANT HELP FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOU BY ELVIS PRESLEY WAS PLAYING WHILE I WROTE AND IT MADE MY HEART HAPPY SO