twelve//mind says yes body says no

MY SISTER IS TAKING ME TO PRIDE NEXT YEAR IM SO HAPPY

After Patrick's death, the halls seemed unusually...quiet.
Henry hadn't messed with anyone, and ninety percent of the time he's skipping with victor. It's strange.
Richie hasn't had a bloody nose in five days. Eddie hasn't been harassed for six days. The losers haven't been bullied for four.
     They weren't complaining, though. The quiet was nice.
     -
     "Dare," mike smiled, leaning back against the rock he was sitting in front of. Bev tapped her chin lightly with her pointer finger, glancing out at the water in thought. "I dare you to give us a strip tease, all the way to your boxers."
     They all laughed. Everyone knew it was a joke so no one minded the way he bit his lip playfully and felt himself.
     Richie smiled, turning his Walkman on and it began playing Africa by ToTo, causing everyone to laugh even harder.
     Mike stretched his pointer finger, wiggling it in Stans direction. He motioned him closer, and Stan reluctantly agreed, standing up with hollers of the others. He rubbed against Stan, slipping his shirt and pants off, sitting back down afterwards.
     "One hell of a show, if I may say!" Richie wiggles his eyebrows, pushing his glasses up on the bridge of his nose.
     "Eddie, truth or dare?"
     "Truth," he shrugged, hugging his knees up to his chest.
     "Are you into anyone?"
Eddie thought for a moment. He kissed Richie six days ago, but ever since then it was like nothing changed. No kisses, no romance. Just back to the usual bickering.
Eddie settled with "no," his voice layered with unease, as if he wasn't sure of his feelings himself (because he wasn't).
Richie felt his stomach churn, he wanted to make a move, he wanted to show Eddie that he wanted him so badly but his body said no every time. No matter what he tried to do, maybe hold his hand, his mind changed one eighth of a second before he does, and he plays it off as if he accidentally brushed his hand against his.
The game comes to an abrupt stop, Stan mid-sentence, and Richies thoughts are forgotten.
"You, you did this."