eleven // dead?

The next day Patrick Hockstetter was found dead by the sketchy gas station downtown.
-
-
-
       Conversation buzzed, teachers chatted, the bell was two minutes late to ring. The whole high school had an offset. 
        People mourned over Patrick. Actually mourned him. No one who shed a tear or left a rose in front of his locker actually liked the guy. He killed pigeons and raped people, but Derry High ignored that and focused on the fact he had respect.
        Richie could hear bits and pieces of the conversations as he walked down the hall.
"Patrick's dead?"
       "Dead? Seriously?"
       "No way in hell."
       "Fuckin' finally."
       "Henry's fuckbuddy?"
       "I heard Tozier killed 'em."
        The last one made Richie shudder, but purse his lips and keep walking.
"Shut it, dumbass, he's right there!"
His sneakers squeaked as he walked.
"Tozier must be one hell of a sicko, then."
His head spun.
"Who pissed in Richie's Cheerios? Like sure it's a bad day but killing someone?"
Sweat trickled down his neck.
"Patrick must've really put him through some shit."
He felt trapped.
"Tozier."
He felt constricted.
"Tozier."
He didn't kill Patrick, did he?
"Tozier."
No, he just beat him good.
"Tozier."
Why is everyone saying he killed him?
"Richie."
He didn't do it! He didn't!
"RICHIE."
Richie looked up from his converse, face to face with the principal he knew too well. He was brought to the office.
The principal wasn't skinny. He had a muffin top and bald head. His small lips opened to speak, the room so silent you could hear a pen drop. He folded his hands up on the desk and looked into richies eyes like a predator eying his prey.
"I understand you and Patrick had a...misunderstanding in the bathrooms," he began, his deep scratchy voice unpleasant to Richies ears.
"He tried to rape Eddie," Richie growled defensively, his eyes narrowed and fists clenched.
"Yes, but-"
"You'd rather have one of your students raped?"
"Richie."
"I did what I had to!"
"Richie. He's dead."
"I know," Richie mumbled, his words harsh. "Burning in the fiery pits of hell where he fucking belongs."
The principal watched, his eyebrows raised in shock as Richie got up from his seat and excused himself, running out of the front door before the staff had the chance to grab him.
He ran and ran. His legs carried him all the way to his house, where he stumbled in and collapsed onto the couch. He heaved for breath, his head spinning. He let out a sigh, and let his eyes shut. Patrick was dead, he'd get good enough sleep for tonight.