eighteen// april 15th 6:00 pm

March ended quickly, almost too quickly.
     Richie missed wearing hoodies already, as the flowers began to bloom and leaves filled the previously dead trees.
     Despite the newly found warmth, Richie liked April.
     One, it was nice. The weather was warm, but still cool. On some days it'll drop to sixties, and he likes the cold. He appreciates Mother Nature, who obviously reads his thoughts because all he thinks about in April is god please cut me some slack I look like shit in shorts.
     Two, the flowers. Richie would never say it aloud, but he loved flowers. He liked looking at them, smelling them, growing them. They were so beautiful and peaceful, he wished he was like that. If he were a flower, he'd be a sunflower. Tall and lanky, yet at the top, an unruly head of curls that stared ahead, larger than life, admiring the distance.
     Three, school. This was when school was wrapping up, when teachers cared less about the grades. Despite the finals, he missed the longing and knowing feeling that in a few weeks he's freed from the prison he calls his school, where he spends ninety percent of his life trapped inside.
     And four, his concert with Eddie.
     The concert is April 15th, 6:00 pm sharp, and Richie could not wait.
     He had his outfit picked out already. A white Queen t-shirt with the A Night at the Opera cover on the front (one because it was his favorite album and two, that's the album Eddie got him for his birthday. That's probably why it's his favorite), a black belt, and washed out skinny jeans. He chose the white because it'd be easiest to sign.
     Eddie was just as excited.
Eddie had made it back to his house, but still hadn't answered any of his mother's seemingly never-ending questions.
     Despite the countless times him and Richie had discussed what they'd do together, he still couldn't wrap his head around the fact he was seeing Queen live.
     He would have bragging rights for sure.
     He wondered if Henry listens to Queen.
     He hums softly to the Queen song playing on his own record player, except he has ten times less vinyls than Richie had. He only kept the ones he'd really listen to: which was Cyndi Lauper, Madonna, Queen, Whitney Houston, Elton John, and Bowie. He had a few of each, nothing compared to Richie's whopping 62 vinyls, all consisting of various artists, some taped to his wall for decor. He would take them down sometimes to listen, though.
     Eddie also had a Walkman, but he didn't use his as much as Richie used his either. Eddie had four tapes, all labeled for his moods. He had one titled Loser, because the Losers helped him pick the songs, but he realized most were love songs, so he took a red pen and crossed over the S. He smiled, it looked nice.
     Anyways, back on Queen.
He need an outfit, but he knew that if he went all out he'd look dumb. What was he supposed to wear? Queen was like, the ultimate band, he can't just show up in jeans and a t-shirt.
But maybe he should just show up in jeans and a t-shirt?
Eddie walked downstairs, except walk is an understatement, he ran so quickly that he stumbled, and typed in the number he'd memorized years ago. It rang a few times, a few too many times for his liking, until the buzzing in his ear stopped and was replaced by breathing, breathing he recognized.
     This was not Richie Tozier on the phone.
     This makes eddies mind spur with worry. What if he beat Richie so bad he's sobbing his eyes out and if he'd answer the phone he'd eat them out? Or what if he killed Richie he beat him so bad? Or what if Richies unconsciously bleeding internally and externally? What if-
     "Hello?" The rough scratchy voice that came over the line was anything but pleasant. He had a slur, probably drunk, and Eddie had to think fast.
     "Hello, sir," eddie tried to make his voice low enough that it sounded like their chubby principal, but not fake or strained. He wasn't doing that bad of a job. Take that, Richie. I can do voices, too!
     "I'm here for Richie Tozier, this is Wentworth, correct?"
     There was a grunt in response.
     "May I speak to him?"
     Another grunt, then he spoke. "Kid! Get downz here, principalz wants to talk to you!"
     Eddie ignore the slur again, this time much more vivid.
     Richies feet stumbling down the steps, similar to how Eddie had done moments ago, filled the silent line.   
     "Rich, it's me, Eddie."
     Eddie could feel Richies smile over the line, but could tell Richie tried to cover it with a cough. He would never smile because of a conversation with his principal and his dad knew it. Principal meant bad.
     "Ello, mr. principal. How may I help ye on this foine saturdee mornin'?"
     Eddie giggled, making Richies heart practically soar out of his chest. "What're you wearing to the concert?"
     Richie made sure his father wasn't paying any mind to him, and as per usual he wasn't, then turned back to the phone.
     "T-shirt, belt, tucked into skinny jeans. A Queen t-shirt, though."
     Eddie cursed himself mentally, why would he doubt that jeans and t-shirts were under-dressing? It's casual and comfy, concerts are sweaty and hot and so many people- holy shit.
      "Okay, thanks."
      "No problemo, buckaroo. Tell yer ma I said ello!"
      Eddie smiled, wrapping the phone cord around his finger. "Yeah, okay."
      "Tally-ho!"
     Almost in sync, the phones went back on their stands, and they walked back upstairs; both head over heels for the other's best friend.
Eddie decided on the same outfit Richie had.
White queen t-shirt, tucked into jeans with a belt.
He was okay with that.
Because that's how they are, the same. Two teenagers in love with each other, who aren't accepted by their parents.
Their core was the same, and that's what matters, because despite their flaming personalities and quarrels; they meant well.
And sometimes, Eddie felt like the entire universe was against him.