nine // be mine

Richie walked into the school building, the halls falling silent at his presence. He frowned, looking at Stan for some sort of enlightenment, who simply pursed his lips and turned away. He walked to his locker slowly, grabbing his things.
He arrived to his first class, sitting next to Eddie who seemed to break at his appearance. He crumpled in on himself, and Richie could have sworn his lip trembled. Richie took a deep breath before muttering, "are you okay, Eds?"
Eddie bursted into tears, getting out of his seat and angrily grabbing a bathroom pass. He ran to the restrooms, tears flowing down his cheeks. The students looked at him with dirty looks, as if he'd said something horrible to him.
Richies waited, and when Eddie didn't show up back to class, he went to join him. His feet carried him into the bathroom, stopping dead in his tracks.
Eddie was sobbing his eyes out, pressed back against the wall with Patrick grinding into him. He had his eyes closed in fear of what he might see when he opened them, begging to be let go. His nose was bleeding and his face was cut, a bruise on his left cheek and a black eye. His arms were littered in red marks he knew would blossom into yellow and purple.
Richie didn't know what took over him, but he yanked Patrick back by his hair and punched him hard in the face. Patrick stumbled in shock, blinking a few times. Richie clenched his hands tighter.
Patrick threw a punch at richies cheek in return, which only edged Richie further and further. They threw kicks and shoves and the occasional punch, until Richie completely lost his cool. He tackled Patrick onto the ground, punching and punching and punching. He didn't even notice the blood littering his knuckles and the bloodied nose and mouth of the person beneath him, just that he wanted him to feel sorry and he wasn't going to stop until he did.
      Eddie realized the situation at hand, grabbing richies arm and pulling him back. "Stop it! You're killing him!" Richie didn't stop, though. He shoved his chest, tears threatening to slide down his cheeks. With lots of effort, Eddie had to drag Richie off of him. Richie gave in, stumbling onto his feet. "I'm sorry, Eddie. I'm sorry for not caring about you- I'm sorry for not being there when you needed me. I let this happen and I'm sorry."
      Eddie held Richie tightly, caressing him in his arms as they both cried. Sobs filled the bathroom, and Richie pulled away just enough to see eddies face. His eyes flickered from eddies eyes to his cheeks and his mouth quickly. He pursed his lips in thought, and before he could think any better, he cupped eddies cheeks and surged forward against his mouth. Eddies lips were parted against richies in shock, but Richie could tell he was okay with this. Why was his stomach in knots? Why did he like this?
      Eddie let himself relax into the kiss, wrapping his arms around richies neck. He tilted his head a bit, closing his eyes. Richie smiled, wiping eddies tears with his thumbs. They pulled away slowly, neither opening their eyes just yet.
      "Be mine, Eddie, please."