nineteen// Love Of My Life

I can't update 24/7 guys I try lol gimme some time

Instrumental versions of classic songs every fan knew blasted over the speakers and the people attending filed into the building, everyone pumped and hollering, a girl to the left of Eddie and Richie was in tears.
They squeezed each other's hand in fear of being separated in the large crowd, and Eddie even bought Richie a leash to clip onto the back of his jeans on one of his belt loops.
Richie thought he was just shitting around with him, but surprisingly enough, he had a leash clipped right above his right buttcheek.
Eddie followed behind Richie, his heart pumping so fast he might actually have a heart attack. There were so many people and the room was so big, the heat of the lights was overbearing and he was sure by the time the night was over his legs would be sore from jumping, his voice would be gone, and he would be drenched in sweat from not only himself but the people around him.
He stared at the stage in awe, they didn't get barricade but they were the row just behind it, and if they stood up or pushed their way forward (which Richie probably will do) they'd be close enough to touch hands with Freddie Mercury himself.
Eddie doesn't know how Richie does it.
He seems so calm and collected, as if he'd been to a concert before. He knew, despite Richies burning passion for words sang in simple melodies, he had never once been to a concert for any of his favorite singers. He was glad his first experience was gonna be with Eddie, whom he was still head over heels, drooling over in love with.
Richie kept that part secretive though, and he was good at it.
What was once excited chatter and buzz quickly morphed into shrieks, but not the horror movie shrieks, the shrieks of oh my god oh my god I love you oh my god. Richie's eyed widen, and so do eddie's. Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor, and John fucking Deacon we're standing six, maybe seven feet away from him and Richie has never felt so light headed in his entire life.
The first song that Queen actually performed was You're My Best Friend, to which Richie (accompanied by Eddie, who didn't know near as many of the words) sang enthusiastically along with. The next song, the crowd was quiet, they listened to the words.
For the first two parts, that is, by the end of Bohemian Rhapsody they all sang along like they knew they would, and Richie couldn't help but pity the way Freddie would turn away from the mic and cough into a tissue.
Eddie looked up at Richie in admiration, so glad that he dragged him along to this amazing concert and made him listen to queen as if it were a torture mechanism, and Eddie acted like he hated it but he didn't. He loved it, the way it made Richie smile when he hummed along.
Crazy Little Thing Called Love was the second to last song they sang, and honestly Richie forgot it was a love song. He just bobbed his head along and talked loudly to Eddie, who listened intently, and yelled back.
He didn't forget Love Of My Life was a love song, though.
He could feel the romantic tension between him and Eddie like a magnet, itching and pulling for them to close the gap between them, close the gap close the gap close the gap-
Richie turned to face Eddie with a swift swivel of his ankles, his face red. He had two minutes left of the song, make your damn move and make it fast.
"You know, Eddie.." he began, his voice uneasy.
Eddie looked up at him with those damned doe eyes, his lips parted in awe.
"I've always thought you were the prettiest thing I've ever seen," his voice was a mumble, barely there.
Eddie heard, though, and he audibly gasped. Was Richie Tozier about to confess his love for him? At a Queen concert? I'm public, in front of Freddie Mercury? and Roger Taylor? And John Deacon? And Brian May?
Richie wasn't discouraged by The shocked look on eddies face, Though.
"I love you. I love you a lot and I just wanted to tell you that-"
That was it.
That was the spark he'd been so lustful for all those years.
Eddies hands grabbed onto Richies face and pulled him down to his height, causing the lanky figure to arch over and kiss back. Their eyes were squeezed shut, afraid of what they might see if they opened them.
Eddie was afraid to see that Richies eyes are narrowed in disgust, his eyebrows knitted and the only reason he hadn't pulled away to begin with was the sheer thought that he was too grossed out to begin with.
Richie was scared that if he opened his eyes what he'd see wouldn't be eddie at all, rather a horrifying monster to reveal Eddie had never kissed the other and it was just a horrible, horrible nightmare.
Yet it wasn't a nightmare, nor was Richie disgusted.
They pulled away, sparking the fire that resembled their burning passion for one another, the embers of love once again turning nothing more than to ashes.
The best way to describe that kiss was really, really bad- yet so good.
It wasn't what everyone says it is. Their lips were stilled, too scared to move, and their teeth clanked together awkwardly, the frames of Richies bulky glasses dug into eddies face and neither of them knew quite what to do with their hands. As horribly planned out and unorganized it was, or the people around them who stared or muttered about how it was obvious neither had any sort of experience, it wasn't for them, it was for Richie and Eddie. Eddie and Richie. They knew what this kiss meant, and they were glad they knew it. They knew that this was then match thrown onto the paper that lit the fire, the beginning to a beautiful story.
But this was no fairytale, and they knew that, yet they were happy with what. Neither wanted an unrealistic relationship, they never have. They want it to feel natural, like two regular teenagers who were simply meant to be together, balanced out like brick to brick.
But once again, the kiss went unnoticed.