thirteen// he has feelings

"You, you did this."
The voice was low and raggedy, croaking with every word. Henry bowers limped closer, his left leg dragging behind. The jeans were torn and there was a red scar, leaking blood, he assumed was from a fall.
"I've been going easy on you, wheezy, but I'm done. He's gone and it's your fault!" He spat, shoving Eddie back against the rocks. Eddie gasped, reaching for his inhaler, and bringing it to his lips.
He pumped, he inhaled, he shook it, but the damned thing was empty. Eddie panted for breathes, his head spinning with the feeling of Henry yelling above him. He didn't even pay attention, his vision blurry.
"You killed him!" He screamed, the losers crowding over Eddie and staring at Henry in horror.
And that's when it happened.
Henry crumpled to the ground, his pocket knife slipping from his hand into the grass. His hands shook, gripping at his hair. He started crying.
Richie was the first to react. He hesitantly, as if approaching a wild animal, held his hand out closer and closer to Henry as if he bit. It shook, resting lightly on his shoulder. Eddie watched with wide eyes as Henry slowly brought his forehead to Richies shoulder. He was sobbing now, breaths hitching.
Richie felt pity for the kid. As much as he hated their guts and would never forgive them for the endless pain and torture they've caused, but damn he felt his pain. He'd feel the same if Eddie was killed. His hand rubbed Henry's back, eyebrows furrowed.
Mike was next to rub Henry's back, pursing his lips awkwardly.
"I've never seen you cry before," Richie blurted, instantly regretting what he'd said but he can't take it back now. "You must've been really close."
Henry coughed, taking a sharp breath inward. "W..We were."
And that's how they got to having a conversation with Henry Bowers.
"We did everything together," Henry sniffed. "and he's gone now."
"I didn't even think you had feelings," Richie snorted, mouthing a quick sorry when Henry, along with all the other losers shot him a glare.
"I don't know what id do if the losers died," Mike admitted. "You're pretty strong."
Henry shrugged, "you guys aren't that bad. But don't think this changes anything between us. We're not..friends. Or whatever."
Eddie sighed, "Yeah. Okay."
"I'll lay off the teasing a little." Henry sighed, getting up. "Bye losers."
Bill smiled, "bye asshole."
"He's definitely gonna bully us still," Richie remarked as Henry left.
"Yeah, but at least at we know he actually has feelings." Eddie shrugged.