ⅩⅩⅩⅪ

Jake

Calum freaking Martin. 

He achieved what took me three years in less than a year. Excuse me for hating him (note the sarcasm.)

I underestimated him, it's my fault that he's where he is now. Allow me to explain:

I made joining the soccer team extra hard for him, and during games I kept giving him the hardest jobs. He ended up doing so well, that the team decided he'd be a better captain than me. All that while Aurora supported him from the bleachers; which brings me to my next point.

He got the prettiest girl on campus. Well, one of them. Her sisters are the other candidates, but they're not my type.

You might think this is a real life recreation of beauty and the beast, but here's the thing, Calum is loved and adored by everyone! I was the king around here, not him! 

I'm so sick of him. 

Which is why I'm putting my plan in action. If I can't be the king here, then I'll rule my own country and invade Avelyn, because why not? That kingdom is way stronger and better than mine. I'd obviously want it to be in my hands, maybe get the revenge my ancestors have failed to get for centuries.

I'm going to force Aurora into marrying me. And meanwhile, I'm going to make her friends turn away from her, so no one can help her, and that way she wouldn't be strong enough to fight back.

All that will happen on the same day, to make sure she really breaks down. 

I will get what I want, no matter what it costs.

"hey, Chris." I sit down next to him, startling him.

"What are you doing here?"  He glares. Damn, still holding a grudge I see.

"Just wanted to talk!" I raise my hands in surrender. He rolls his eyes leaning back into his chair and crosses his arms.

"Well?"

"Have you ever been to Avelyn?" I ask. He looks at me for a second before answering, as if he's trying to read my intentions.

"No. I've never heard of it before I met Aurora."

"Hmm. Sad."

"Look, I don't have time for you, tomorrow is my last final, so either spit it out or leave me alone." He hisses, leaning closer.

"Gee, chill! What happened to the weakling in you?" I ask and he growls. "Okay fine." I roll my eyes before speaking. "I've been to Avelyn before. It's amazing. I go there all the time with my family; especially when there are royal balls." I start. "You're her best friend, and you haven't seen her home. I thought you two were special friends?" I asked.

"We are, so what?"

"I'm giving you ideas to surprise her! No need to be at my throat!" I exclaim offended.

Oh but he totally should be.

"There's going to be a royal ball this summer for the success of a princess project. I've seen Aurora and her family there when I went too. You should surprise her!"

"I thought you hated the fact that we're friends?" He wonders.

"Can't a man change?" I say before leaving.

That was the first step to my plan, now for the important part

I walk to the throne room, where my father should be. I walk in, straightening my suit, as I greet my father.

"What brings you here, son? I thought you had a fencing class?"

"I canceled it. I have something important to talk to you about. It may avenge our kingdom's fall."

My father looks deep in thought. He then nods for me to continue, "I'm listening."

"You know how you wanted me to find myself a queen? Well, I did. It's the youngest princess of Avelyn. So, my plan is, that we ask for her hand in marriage at the ball they're holding for the graduation of her stupid school. I already did some inside damage that will weaken her enough to not fight back, she's quite feisty. If we get married, I'll slowly take over Avelyn as well. And if they refuse; we'll engage in war with them, but this time, we'll win."

My father nodded, rubbing his grey beard. A smile made it's way onto his face.

"We'll discuss this with the royal court. This might just be your brightest idea yet, son."

I smirk and bow to him before walking out to arrange a meeting with the council.