ⅩⅩⅩⅧ

That laugh.

That joyous laugh.

That laugh babies let out when the only thing they see is the good in everything, their simple minds finding everything amusing, the only thing making them cry is a dirty diaper. 
That laugh kids let out when they're running around playing tag or swinging in the air while their parents push them on the swing. The world is so full of wonders to them. They have yet to worry about life's bumpy road.
That laugh people let out when they're in a moment of pure bliss. All their worries and struggles fade away as they let out that laugh.

Accompanying that laugh is that glint in their eyes. That spark of joy spreading into their soul. It's those moments that make us appreciate life. The moments we see everything good it has to offer.

Scarlet laughs with Aya. They just had an unintentional water fight. They were both soaked, yet that laugh broke through them and showed itself to the world. Their laughter died down, but the happiness that moment brought was still engraved in their minds, a wide smile being the only proof of that laugh. 
She laughs with Asher, whom had just lifted her up and swung her around, threatening to thrown her in the chilly water of the pool. People's heads turn to them as they smile at the two young adults, enjoying their time together.

Scarlet stares at her open suitcase, lost in thought. Something sparkles in her peripheral view, she turns her head to look at it, a small bittersweet smile forms on her face. Her tiara. She remembers the day she got crowned, she was so ecstatic! She chose her own tiara; a beautiful white gold frame, bold and enticing to the eye, as it went up in graceful spikes. Rubies covered it, making it look like a waterfall of gems.

She reminisced the days she worked at the castle, and with different foundations. Her days as a princess. It was magical, seeing her people happy and living a noble life. It made her happy. But she never came to realize what that hidden feeling was, until she came to London and met people who changed their view in life. She saw the beauty in simplicity. She was able to create what she loved. She also found those who appreciate the art like she does. She found love in the most unexpected person, and she was happy. A new kind of happy, without that feeling of missing something.

She smiled and closed her suitcase, ready to leave her castle once more.

Aurora laughed while galloping on her horse, Peach. Chris was trailing behind her, laughing just as much. The wind blew through her hair, despite Chris' pleads for her to wear a helmet. She refused and encouraged him to ride without one too, to feel free. And they did just that; feel free.
She, Chris, Ella, and Calum were all sprawled on the floor, laughing at some inside joke they had created while out in the city. 
Aurora and Ella giggled as they put make up on the guys while they slept and took many pictures to blackmail them with. 

She puts her clothes into her suitcase, getting ready to meet the people she loves endlessly. Her eyes glance around the room, making sure she didn't forget anything. Instead, her eyes stop on her tiara, passed down to her from a previous princess who became a great queen. But she wondered if the royal life was meant for her, if the flower vine tiara was fit for her head. She feels much more comfortable and confident living as a normal citizen. She's always been afraid of her princess duties, for she's different, so she always doubted herself. But living in London gave her that sense of freedom that she couldn't have as a royal. She smiled, thinking about her life with Chris. She smiled, thinking about the good she was able to bring to her kingdom with the school. She takes another look around her room, nodding with a smile before leaving it.

Amelia laughed with her two friends, Seema and Lydia as they came off a roller-coaster and saw the picture they had taken of them on it. Her hair was down and in tangles, making the other two girls laugh harder. 
She laughed when Seema slipped on some ice when they were on winter break, Lydia laughing along with her too, only for the two of them to get hit in the face by two snowballs by a smug Seema, who was still on the ground. 
They laughed and giggled as they went on different adventures, taking pictures to keep the memories safe.
She and Lydia laughed as they once again set up their younger siblings to fall for one another, noticing their blushes.

She smiled, biting her lip to stop herself from laughing out loud. All those moments she never thought she'd experience now filled her mind, not as stories, but as memories. She placed her camera in her suitcase, but her eye caught the thing that defined another hidden side to her. Her tiara, it was vintage looking, with a traditional Avelian design. It had small loops and engravings in the shiny metal, with small delicate crystals adorning the small designs. She took out her camera and took a picture of her tiara. She always saw her tiara as a step to her future, but now she sees adventures filled with laughs and overlooked clumsiness. The image of her as a queen no longer felt like home to her. She took a deep breath, having faith in her parents, that whoever they choose as queen will be the perfect candidate. Even if it was with her. She was ready to serve for her kingdom, but this time, she would not let go of her own action packed story.

Scarlet smiles and puts her hand out, looking at her sisters with a grin and a determined nod.

"Together." She says.

They exchange smiles and Aurora puts her hand on hers with a grin.

"Forever."

Amelia grins and places her own hand on top of theirs.

"After."

They giggle and engulf each other in a hug.

They always say that. Because before their new life, and after the final decision, the three sisters have been and always will be there for each other. They shared those laughs almost everyday when they were together. They brought out the best in each other. They were the joy in their lives. And now that they each branch out to a different road, they still remain together, supporting one another along the way. The still share those laughs every moment they spend together.

Amelia, Scarlet, and Aurora meet up in Amelia's room, smiles on all their faces.

"Ready to go, Mia?" Aurora asked.

"Yeah, I am." She smiles. "Just let me put the camera back-"

"Wait!" Scarlet cuts her off. "Let's take a picture together!"

The girls smiled and agreed before they stood beside one another as Amelia snapped the picture. 

They stood in front of the mirror, looking at themselves with a smile. They didn't have a title, nor a tiara. They were just normal young adults going off to another semester at university.

For once, they are finally, Crownless.

"Come on, we don't want to be late for our flight." Amelia told her sisters.

"You guys ready for another semester?" Scarlet asked.

"More like torture, but yeah sure. At least we see our friends." Aurora replied.

They laughed at the statement, which they agreed with.

"Together?" Scarlet put her hand out with a visible grin on her face.

"Forever." Aurora matched her expression and placed her hand.

"After." Amelia smiled.

The three sisters laughed on their way back to their normal, eventful, life.