ⅩⅩⅤ

Amelia

I get out of the diner, finally done with my shift. Lydia and Seema are beside me as we make our way to Lyd's car.

Lydia helped me and Seema get a job at the diner she worked at. I'm a waitress alongside her, and Seema plays with the band for the guests. This diner is pretty fancy and it gives me more insight to the different kind of people.

I see a family celebrating their child's success in school, I see a new couple on their first date and they're all so nervous and in awe by each other. I see a group of girls just having the time of their life as best friends.

I see life. 

Back at the castle, the only people I see are my family and the workers who we consider as a part of our family as well. We don't get to go out much for safety reasons, and I was fine with it because I hadn't experienced what it feels like to actually see the world.

Ignorance is a bliss.

I was always so against that quote, so I always read more books, to get a glimpse of life outside the castle walls. I tried to learn as much as I can, preparing myself to be a queen one day, and be knowledgeable for the customs of other countries in case I run into someone of a different background.

It's fascinating to see just how much different people there is in the world, each person being a unique human being, whether they're good or evil.

And now that I get to see these people with my own eyes instead of reading about them, I fear the day that I have to go back to be stuck behind those walls. I wonder if I wasn't a princess, would I have been able to see more of the world? 

Can I still see the world?

If I want that, I can't be queen. But I have been preparing for it ever since I was born, before Scarlet was born. The pressure has always been there, because I'm the oldest, and there had been no words of a competition so everyone just assumed it'd be me who will wear the crown.

But here we are, in London. Living normal lives, to see who will earn the throne.

Except for one small problem; I don't know if I want to be queen anymore.

I've been so focused on being a perfect royal and other cultures that I forgot about the most important thing; myself. With the new information about this competition, it's clear that I might not be queen, and if I'm not a queen, then who am I?

I now realize that I know nothing of myself. I dream to be like a heroine from my books, and maybe, with this new opportunity and friends, maybe I can write my own story. Live my story, get my happy ending.

I need to find myself. And lately, I've been getting closer to my heart thanks to Lydia and Seema being there for me and giving me a chance at a new life.

A life I never want to leave behind.

"Amelia!" My train of thoughts get cut off by Seema dragging out my name.

"Sorry, I zoned out."

"We noticed." Lydia chuckled. "Well, we're here." 

We get out the car and go into me and Seema's apartment. We sit on the velvet couch and sigh in comfort as today was a long hard day at work.

"So what's on your mind? You've been zoning out a lot these couple days." Seema asks concerned.

I huff my hair away from my face, making me see through my fake glasses before I explain myself.

"It's just that, I feel like I don't really know myself, or the world I'm living in. The only thing I know is what I read, I don't know how they are in real life...I just feel like there's more to my life than just-" I cut myself off before revealing my secret. "A life that I'm not living. I want to see the world, experience new feelings, I wanna be somebody who has their eyes wide open at all times."

They listen to my words and nodding, somewhat relating to it.

"Tell you what," Lydia starts, a smile forming on her face. "How about we save up some money and travel at winter break, for a weekend even. It doesn't have to be much. And once we graduate, let's just travel the world."

We share grins and agree on the plan. And for the rest of the night, my thoughts didn't interrupt the fun I'm having with my two best friends.

I consider this as a great start to my story.

Fineapples

Amelian-dreams: Rora, how is the whole Jake situation?

A-Rora-sauros: Not that great. He's becoming worse. I'm scared...

Lettuce: Don't be. We'll find a way to stop him. Just make sure you stay with Chris, because I think that's his whole plan.

Amelian-dreams: She's right, he likes you, and he hates Chris.
 He's going to try and separate you two.

A-Rora-sauros: ugghhh I thought this was a no royal life. He's being a royal pain in the ass!

A-Rora-sauros: You think princesses are allowed to kill someone?

Lettuce: Hmm, they never taught us it's NOT allowed, sooo...wanna try it out? :D

Amelian-dreams: To be honest I don't know if you guys are serious or just joking.
But either way, count me in. No one messes with my sisters.

A-Rora-sauros: Never hurt a hufflefriend.

Amelian-dreams: Bish I'm a ravenclaw. Let's caw caw that asshat!

Lettuce: Imma gryffindROAR and scare the crap out of him!

A-Rora-sauros: Imma- what sounds do badgers make anyway? Eh whatever. I'm huffletough. AND I've got a slytherin by my side. He'll just slyther into his apartment and kill him.

Lettuce: ......Rora, I know you're a slytherpuff but please don't make Chris kill anyone.

A-Rora-sauros: Ugh fine...I'll just find another way to get rid of him...heh.

Amelian-dreams: Are mom and dad sure they want one of us to rule Avelyn?