ⅩⅩⅩⅣ

Chris

It's been a couple of weeks where I only see Aurora in our shared lectures and work shifts. But other than that, we haven't hung out much. She's hanging out with Calum more now, but still hanging out with her sisters every once in a while.

I'm not gonna lie, it's been lonely recently. I miss our crazy conversations and adventure filled weekends. 

Why am I always the forgotten one?

Back home, it was as if I was invisible. No one tried to be friends with me, my quietness didn't help either. I was always the kid in the back of the class who never participated in class but got good grades. I never sat in the cafeteria either. I decided that I'd rather be invisible rather than a target.

My parents barely paid attention to Lydia and I. I didn't have a nice childhood, if only I could erase those memories. But at the same time those memories make me who I am today.

No, this isn't a cliche zero to hero transformation. Because I'm still that shy boy with anxiety. The only thing about me that changed majorly is my appearance, which happens to everyone. I don't look that bad anymore. And now I actually have some friends. 

Lydia is the only person I talked to in the past. But moving here and starting a new life made me realize that the world has more to offer if I'm willing to look for it. Lydia has so much more friends and she's genuinely happy. I would do anything to keep that smile on her face. She means the world to me.

Aurora and I went on adventures and explored London on the days we had free time. It's the most I've ever went out in my life, and I actually enjoyed it. And through her, I met Calum who is like a brother to me now. We actually had a lot in common and he's easy to talk to.

But now here I am studying all alone in my apartment. It's all I've been doing. feels like I'm back in high school once again.

No, it's not. She's still here for us.

I close my eyes shut, trying to block out the negative thoughts. I will not give in this time. I fight back the tears brimming my eyes as my jaws clench.

My fist closes around the pen in my hand almost breaking it from the force. My breathing quickens then stops altogether.

I force my eyes open, trying my hardest to breathe again. I grab hold of my phone and quickly dial my sister.

"Hello?"

Lydia

I'm preparing some food But I get cut off by my phone ringing. I dry my hands and take my phone.

Chris is calling.

I answer it, putting it on speaker.

"Hello?" I'm answered with silence. I furrow my eyebrows before I hear faint breathing and I instantly know what's wrong.

I run to the door, talking to him on the phone while doing so.

"Chris, focus on my voice. I'm on my way" I tell him as I open the front door and rush to his flat, three doors from mine, barefoot.

I try to open his door but it's locked. I can still hear his ragged breaths through the phone as I continue to talk to him, letting him know I'm there. I run back to my flat to get the spare key I have of his apartment and run back to him, barely slowing down as I step on a small pebble that fell off a shoe sometime in the hallway. 

I finally get the door opened and end the call as I rush to my brother who is laying on the ground in a tight ball as he clutches his chest, trying his best to take deep breaths.

I sit next to him, slowly easing him out of the ball formation he put himself in.

"Just listen to my voice, okay?" I say softly in his ear, holding his hand. "I'm here. You're not alone. You're gonna be okay."

"..Ro-" He struggles to get out. "Rora." He croaks out.

That's why he isn't calming down. It's not me that he wants right now, it's Aurora!

I pull out my phone and show him that I'm calling her. "Here, I'm calling her, see? She's here for you, Chris."

"Hello?" She answers.

"Rora!" I exclaim, my words frantic and rushed. "You need to come to Chris' place. Right now."

"What?" She asks concerned, "Why is everything okay? I'm coming right now. Calum get your car." Her last couple words are faint as she's not speaking into the phone. Chris clutches his chest harder as his breathing get quicker and more faint.

"No, he's having an anxiety attack and he's not calming down. Please hurry." I cry.

My brother is on the floor barely able to breathe and I can't do anything to help. I just hold his hands, talking to him nonstop with a shaky voice. I'm so scared for him. 

Hurry Aurora...his life depends on you this time.