Aurora

I grab my stuff and walk out the class, suddenly I stop in the hallway as I hear my name being called.

"Aurora! Wait!"

I turn around and see Chris catching his breath. I automatically smile at him and he returns the favor.

...okay not gonna lie that was a super cute smile!

Ella would totally freak out if she finds out that I may just be having my first crush.

Although, not a crush yet. I still need to know him more. Oh god I was not ready for this so early into the year.

I think it's better if we become best friends first right? yeah that would be gre-

"Earth to Aurora?" Chris waves his hand in front of me, breaking me from my trance.

"Oh, sorry I blanked out a little. What did you say?" I ask, my face flushing red.

"I was wondering what your next class is?" 

"Oh um wait," I tell him, looking through my bag to find the timetable for today's classes. Once I find it, I hand it to him. "Here's my schedule. I have marine biology in an hour." I inform him as he compares his schedule to mine.

"Oh wow! It seems we have the same schedule, except you have art at 4pm and I have a break then. Extra curriculum?" He asks and I nod with a smile, excited to have him accompany me through the day.

"Well since we still have an hour to our next class, wanna head to the cafe down the street? I'd love to know you more. It would be nice to have a genuine friend around here." He asks.

"Yeah I'd love to! Just warning you though, I don't like coffee so I'll probably end up buying a milkshake" I chuckle and his eyes widen as he releases a breath in relief.

"Oh thank god..I hate coffee too, I just thought you're worth it," He admits with a smile and I find myself blushing. "How about ice cream? Sound better?"

"Very much." I nod with a smile.

He takes out his arm for me to hook mine with it. 

"Shall we?" He asks in a fake posh accent, making me chuckle lightly as I respond, hooking my arm through his. "We shall, kind sir." We both burst out laughing .

"Wait wait wait," I try to catch my breath from laughing so hard

"Wait wait wait," I try to catch my breath from laughing so hard. "You put the centipede on a paper and ran after the girls?" I start laughing again as does he, shaking his head.

"I was in second grade! I still thought girls have cooties!" He defends himself.

I close my eyes shut in laughter, some tears finding their way out. His laughter slowly dies down but mine has yet to do that. Once I'm able to open my eyes again, I see him staring at me with a soft smile on his face.

"What?" I chuckle nervously, wiping the tears away.

"Nothing," He shakes his head and his smile turns to a grin. He places his elbows on the table and his head in between his palms. "You just have a beautiful laugh. And you're the only one who didn't get 'weirded' out by my story and scolded me." He says, and I can feel my heart flutter.

"Well, I have done similar things," I admit laughing softly, my face heating up more at his stare. "I once found a dead beetle so I played soccer with it, and the goal was my sisters. They screamed so loud and ran away crying." I laugh at the memory.

"Thank you by the way." I tell him after a moment of silence. 

"For what?" He questions, tilting his head in an adorable manner. 

"For everything really. Taking me out to ice cream, making me laugh so hard,calling my ugly laugh beautiful," I snicker "And most of all for being a friend. I never had many friends honestly.." I admit.

"You're welcome! And I doubt that! You're amazing! How could someone not want to be friends with you?"

"I was home-schooled, so I never even had the chance to meet kids my age. Only some kids that came over when their parents visited to see my parents. And they were all snobby brats."

"Oh wow...that must've sucked.." He trails off. "Okay then, I'll make up for it! We can do everything friends do! I'll give you a full experience of  a lifelong best friend! From playdates, to actual dates for you, and beating up whoever breaks your heart, and then dumping my prom date to spend it with you in case you didn't have anyone to go with!" He exclaimed excitedly.

"Really? You'd do that for me?" I ask, flattered by it all.

"Of course I would!" He says. "Step one, have a fun class together. C'mon let's walk back. I heard Mr. Marano is very strict, we don't wanna be late." He holds his hand out to me and I take it before walking out of the store and back to our campus, hand in hand.

Definitely best friends.