Chapter 32: A Load of Crap

Comincia dall'inizio

"Who are you?" asked Han Xiao as he turned to the obvious one-way mirror.

"Division 13, intelligence director. Do I qualify to speak to you?"

"I guess you will do," Han Xiao nonchalantly replied.

Both Li Hui and Feng Jun's eyes twitched. What a shameless person!

The intelligence director let it slide and started to ask, "You just said that you are from the Germinal Organization"

"I was." Han Xiao corrected him mid-speech.

"So, you have deserted?"

"Yes."

"What was your position?"

"A logistics research personnel."

"What did you research?"

"Machinery and weapons."

"You are lying," cut the intelligence director. "How can that explain your million dollar bounty?"

Han Xiao smiled he had expected this very question.

"Rather than call me a liar, haven't you guys already assumed that I possess some kind of valuable intel? Isn't that why you've been investigating me from a distance?" he replied. "Intel can indeed be used as a weapon but only in the right hands. I left my trail exposed to prove my willingness to cooperate. I am not your enemy. The Germinal Organization is. And they are my enemy too."

"Why should we even bother to cooperate with you?" asked the intelligence director in reply. "Look around you you are in our territory. We have all sorts of tools to make you talk!"

Han Xiao paused to smile calmly for a moment before suddenly saying, "Message log: Galaxy Calendar Year 687, 14th of June. Signal location: Planet Aquamarine. Destination: Planet Blackstar's 8th base. The contents of this message are top secret."

The intelligence director remained silent for a full ten minutes.

Li Hui and Feng Jun gave a start when they realized that although what Han Xiao had spoken of made no sense to them, it was clearly valuable intel to the director who in turn had to go relay the information to the top brass for further instruction.

After the long wait, the intelligence director spoke through the speaker again. This time though, he sounded extremely serious.

"Are you sure?" he asked directly.

"How would I know of Blackstar otherwise?"

"...Fine."

The intelligence director was wearing a grave expression. If the intel that Han Xiao had given him was actually true, it was extremely crucial to not only Stardragon, but the entire planet.

Han Xiao smirked. He had obviously come well-prepared.

In the exploration era, there existed three galactic powers who had been warring for tens of thousands of year. Although it took a long time, the three powers eventually came to an agreement and ceased their fighting. They agreed to work together for peace, order, and advancement.