Chapter 8: I have the Trashtalk to Back me up

Han Xiao changed into the guard's uniform before leaving Lin Wei Xian's laboratory.

It was likely that people knew he had been taken to Lin Wei Xian, so a disguise was necessary. There were usually four people in the base that he had to watch out for - Hila, No. 1, Lin Wei Xian, and Baltar. As Hila was not in, No. 1 had left, and Lin Wei Xian was a non-factor now, Han Xiao's escape would proceed smoothly as long as he did not encounter Baltar.

The main gate to the base was a reinforced steel door almost one metre thick. Even if Han Xiao used all the explosives in the armory, it would still not be enough to blast it open. The only way to escape would be through unlocking it, and only three people possessed the security pass to do so. One of them was none other than Lin Wei Xian, and, naturally, Han Xiao had already acquired his pass.

However, as the main gate was heavily manned, and everyone knew exactly who possessed a pass, escaping was not that straightforward.

If Han Xiao so much as appeared at the main gate, he would be surrounded by heavy fire in mere seconds. One bullet would do only 10 damage to him, but add them all up and he would be lucky to last for even a second.

Mm, not a bad way to go, he thought, but I think I'll come up with a better idea.

Han Xiao's plan was to cripple their communications in order to gain a few hours of time. This was the safest option. Currently, he was heading back to the tuning room to retrieve the mecha arm first.

As the tuning room came into sight, Han Xiao was suddenly pushed from the side. To his horror, the person who had pushed him was none other than Baltar.

Why am I so unlucky he groaned inwardly.

"Which squad are you from?" questioned Baltar. "Why have I never seen you before?"

Han Xiao lowered his head and pushed his cap down.

"I'm new here. I'm from squad B."

"Why was I not informed of new guards? Hold on, your voice sounds familiar. Raise your head and show me your face."

Han Xiao noticed that Baltar was slowly reaching for his handgun. Three guards nearby had also sensed that something was amiss.

What should I do now?

If Han Xiao were exposed now, Baltar would definitely send guards to look for Lin Wei Xian. That would be disastrous.

"This is a problem... I didn't want to have to resort to plan B..." muttered Han Xiao.

"What did you say?"

Suddenly, Han Xiao raised his head to reveal his face to Baltar.

"I've always wanted to tell you this: go see a shrink, psycho!"

"Zero"

Han Xiao took advantage of his confusion and thrust his knife into Baltar's chest.

Unfortunately, Baltar dodged on reflex, and Han Xiao's knife only grazed his chin.

"Fire!"