Chapter 18:Bigger than you Imagined

"Go to hell!" screamed No. 1 as he stepped on the pedal, not noticing several grenades hanging from mid-air in their path.

The vehicle came to a sudden stop as it ran into the rope that Han Xiao had tied between two trees. The two trees were almost uprooted by the force of the crash, and, the agents in the vehicle were tossed around like rag dolls.

Immediately after, the grenades exploded, setting the night ablaze. The bulletproof windshield was heavily cracked by the shrapnel.

It was a simple, yet devastating trap.

Han Xiao tossed the night-vision goggles away as soon as the grenades exploded. The fire from the blast gave him all the vision that he needed. He began to fire. The rifle was so powerful that each shot caused Han Xiao's entire upper body to shudder in recoil.

Han Xiao was firing at the windscreen, and from the pattern that the windscreen cracked, it was clear that Han Xiao was aiming for the driver, No. 1.

No. 1 gritted his teeth and yanked the person next to him up to use as a shield. In the next instant, the windscreen shattered, and the poor guy's brains blew up in his face.

"Get out of the car!"

The remaining agents hastily jumped out of the car. In his rage, No. 1 began to spray wildly with a submachine gun. His teammates blindly followed suit.

Han Xiao ceased shooting to reload.

Bullets whizzed past in Han Xiao's surroundings, but Han Xiao knew that they did not know his exact location. They were simply panicking. He patiently waited for them to reload.

The agents soon realized that they had acted too rashly, but it was too late Han Xiao now had the initiative.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

There was a strangely beautiful rhythm to Han Xiao's shots.

As his comrades began to fall one after another, No. 1 started to tremble. As he wildly fired, he screamed, "Who the hell are you! Show yourself!"

His confidence had been completely and utterly destroyed.

Click click click...

He ran out of ammo once more.

"Show yourself!"

Suddenly, Han Xiao walked out into the clearing.

No. 1's eyes widened in shock

"H-h-how can it be!"

Never in his wildest dreams would he have expected Han Xiao to counterattack. He had, in his hubris, thought for sure that Han Xiao was fleeing for dear life. Despite all the facts proving otherwise, he had stubbornly refused to believe that Han Xiao was better than him. Now, it finally dawned upon him.

Zero was way stronger than him.

His false sense of superiority was instantly replaced by jealousy.

"I am the better test subject! You are the failure! A failure!"

He pulled a handgun out and attempted to shoot, but Han Xiao was faster. A sniper bullet tore through No. 1's entire right arm.