Chapter 25: New Talent!

As the workshop wasn't that busy, Han Xiao had quite a lot of free time to look for the extra income he needed.

Kero Junkyard: the biggest disposal ground in District 7. Here, endless piles of trash were sorted out everyday.

This place fell under the territory of an underworld boss known as Big Raccoon. Where there is light, there will be shadowssuch is societyand this holds all the more true in times of chaos.

Although the Western Capital was the main capital of Stardragon, it was certainly not a holy sanctuary for the law-abiding. It was infiltrated with spies from other nations, and plagued by criminal networks and illegal businesses. Small-time bosses like Big Raccoon may have been infamous, but they were certainly not the key players.

As Han Xiao entered the junkyard with a dust mask on, he was stopped by a few vicious-looking thugs.

"Kid, you're in the wrong neighborhood."

A bald, muscular thug blocked Han Xiao's path as he stared him down. To them, Han Xiao, with his small frame, looked like an easy target to bully.

Han Xiao, unfazed, spoke. "I want to see Raccoon."

The thugs instantly burst out in laughter.

"We don't have time to play with you, kid. Run home to mummy, or I'll break your legs," threatened the bald thug.

"Is that what Raccoon teaches his dogs to say?"

"What did you say?" The bald thug was enraged. He began to grab Han Xiao by the collar.

Han Xiao looked back at the thug calmly as he squeezed his wrist.

The pain caused the thug to let go of his grip, and when he looked at his wrist, he found that there were already bruise marks on them.

"Friend, which gang are you from?" The bald thug's expression had changed to one of caution.

Suddenly, he paused to listen to his receiver and stepped away from Han Xiao's path, saying, "The boss wants to see you."

Han Xiao followed the bald thug and was brought to a resting area inside the junkyard where a thin man sat cross-legged on a sofa as he enjoyed a glass of red wine. From his appearance alone it was hard to believe that this man was the infamous Raccoon who ruled the District 7 underworld.

"I heard that you want to see me. What's your name?" he casually asked.

"Technician Han," answered Han Xiao.

The Raccoon sneered.

"You should know what will happen to you if you're just wasting my time."

The reason why he had agreed to letting Han Xiao in was that he was curious to see what business a snotty-looking brat had with him.

Suddenly, Han Xiao reached out to steal the bald thug's gun. The bald thug felt a tug at his waist and turned around, but it was too late.

The grunts behind Raccoon hastily drew their guns.

"What's the meaning of this?" he asked nervously. The bald thug was one of his most trusted subordinates, and he was strong enough to take on ten people at the same time. Yet, he wasn't able to react to Han Xiao's speed! Who the hell is this kid?