Chapter 12: Original Identity

Before the two agents could react, a gunshot was fired! However, the gunshot was not intended for either of them! Instead, it was aimed at the corpse, or more precisely, the three grenades that were planted on it!

As they were at point blank range, the two agents were instantly engulfed by the blast and bombarded with shrapnel.

_____________________

You have dealt 60 Damage to the enemy! x8

You have killed a Night Owl Agent! 1500 EXP gained! x2

Han Xiao rose up weakly from a patch of tall grass. He was heavily injured, bleeding, and almost out of stamina. Fatigue was setting in, and it was taking him all the willpower and focus that he could muster just to keep his eyes open.

He had managed to survive the previous blast with 50 HP left by using the agent's corpse as a meat shield, after which he had dressed the corpse in his clothes and planted the grenades. Only Silver Blade had been vigilant enough to escape his trap.

Han Xiao limbs were shaking uncontrollably, and he couldn't even see properly due to the blood blurring his vision.

Suddenly, a black figure darted towards him.

"You asked for it!" howled an enraged Silver Blade as he thrust a knife forward.

...

The searchlight from a Black Harrier helicopter was illuminating the forest. Hila jumped down from the aircraft into what seemed like the aftermath of a fierce battle.

The test subject squad had already arrived and were collecting blood samples. No. 1 was standing silently with clenched fists.

The sight of the six agents' bodies stunned Hila for a few moments.

As unbelievable as it seemed, Zero had eliminated Night Owl Squad 3 and escaped!

She crouched down to examine the bodies, and was able to deduce that one had died by gunshot, two by explosion, and three in melee combat.

Silver Blade's entire lower body had been pulverized, and there were shards of glass from his night vision goggles embedded in his eyes. He had clearly been done in by someone much more powerful than him!

How could Zero have become so strong all of a sudden? Even if he had been hiding his true capabilities the entire time, Zero had only been training for at most half a year! It was simply inconceivable that he could take on the Night Owl Squad that comprised of veteran elite agents.

"Could he have awoken superpowers like I did?"

Hila regretted not having kept a closer eye on Han Xiao. Perhaps, she thought, she could have prevented all of this.

Also, Zero had chosen to escape on the same day that she had happened to be away. Was it luck, or had he planned it all?

"Their equipment is missing, but we managed to find this," reported one of the agents as he showed the mecha arm to Hila.

The mecha arm was drenched in blood, and there was a knife sticking out of its engine.

"Bring it back."