Chapter 24: What is Weak?

Lu Qian left after tidying up the room.

Han Xiao climbed onto the bed and closed his eyes. Now, he had to wait for Division 13 to approach him.

"I am not strong enough yet."

Han Xiao understood that he couldn't just rely on Stardragon to deal with the Germinal Organization. He had to become much stronger in order to be able to take matters into his own hands. In any case, for now, he also had to be strong enough to gain Division 13's special attention.

Since there were neither quests to do nor monsters to hunt, the only way to get stronger now was through crafting. Han Xiao would need money to make machines, so he planned to find some way to make extra income. The city provided him with many opportunities. His long journey had only just begun.

With only six months left to launch, he had to treasure the remaining time.

After resting for a while, Han Xiao returned downstairs. Lu Qian was working on a household appliance at the workbench. Her denim shorts truly accentuated her perky curves, and Han Xiao couldn't help but steal glances at those slender, long legs of hers.

"The orders are in the drawer," she said to Han Xiao as she wiped her sweat with a towel.

The workshop didn't see much business and most of the orders were advance orders. Han Xiao picked out a few easy ones and began working.

At 7 PM, they closed for the day.

Lu Qian changed into a comfy white dress and let her hair down, giving her the air of a kind, beautiful sister. There were patches sewn onto her dress, implying that they weren't doing so well financially. Han Xiao wondered if the reason she wore so little during work was if she was saving fabric.

Old Man Lu finally showed his face for dinner.

"Let's eat."

Old Man Lu with his long and, messy hair certainly did not seem the type of person to do household chores. Their meals were, indeed, always prepared by Lu Qian.

Han Xiao picked up a piece of char siu 1 with his chopsticks and placed it in his mouth. It was fatty but not oily, and was extremely tasteful. Han Xiao was visibly delighted.

"Delicious, right?" smiled Lu Qian in glee.

Now thisthis is proper food! What the hell have I been eating for the past 6 months?

"There's still a lot, so eat slowly," she added, pleased by the sight of his voracious appetite.

As they continued eating, Old Man Lu suddenly asked, "Who exactly are you?"

Han Xiao, stopping his chopsticks in mid-air, replied, "I'm just an ordinary person."

"Do you think you can deceive me with such a blatant lie, kid? Tell me the truth," the old man snorted.

Han Xiao's eye twitched.

"And what if I don't want to?"

"Don't want to?"

Suddenly, Old Man Lu tilted his head back as he began to release a domineering aura of strange, wild melancholy that threatened to engulf Han Xiao.