Chapter 32: A Load of Crap

When the bag over Han Xiao's head was finally removed, he found himself in a bright room. It took a few seconds for his eyes to adjust to the light.

He was seated on a cold metal chair in front of a table. It was a typical interrogation room with a one-way mirror to Han Xiao's side.

Two people sat across the table: Li Hui and Feng Jun.

"Allow me to introduce myself, I am an intelligence officer from the Strategic Defense Division of Stardragon," spoke Feng Jun. "This is not the first time we have met. Do you remember me?"

"I remember," replied Han Xiao nonchalantly. "The man with the very big wallet."

Feng Jun was speechless. Can you not bring that up?

"Division 13, Li Hui," introduced Li Hui. Both his expression and his manner of speech were stone cold.

Stardragon's Strategic Defense Division consisted of 13 sections in total and was referred to as Division 13.

"Should we call you Han Xiao, or Zero?" Feng Jun asked.

"Whatever you like."

"Cut the crap," interrupted Li Hui. "Explain why the Germinal Organization has a million dollar bounty on you and tell us everything you know."

"Why should I tell you?" asked a bemused Han Xiao.

Li Hui laughed coldly in response.

"What do you think this place is? If we want you to talk, you have to talk!"

"So what if I don't?" taunted Han Xiao. "Shoot me?"

"Do you think I wouldn't dare?" barked Li Hui.

"Enough, enough! Calm down. Han Xiao, you should know we are with the government. If you cooperate, we won't treat you badly."

Han Xiao smiled and shifted in his seat to adopt a more comfortable posture before replying. "Good cop, bad cop. How outdated is this tactic? Can you at least try something different? I, for one, have a thing for pretty girls. Having to talk to two stern old man is such a turn off. Service with a smile, understand? Come on, smile."

Han Xiao hit the nail on the spot, taking Feng Jun aback. Feng Jun coughed dryly and communicated with Li Hui through a glance, who understood the message. He abruptly stood up in an act of anger and pointed at Han Xiao as he shouted, "This is not a place for you to try and act funny! I have the power to imprison you for as long as I want!"

"How scary," mocked Han Xiao before suddenly wiping the smile off his face and adding, "I'm from the Germinal Organization. Threats? Do you think such things will work on me? Come on, you're making fools out of yourselves. If you want us to cooperate, sure! Show me your sincerity! Get someone qualified enough to speak to me. You two aren't!" As Han Xiao finished his sentence, he tugged onto his restraints, slamming the chair so loudly that it echoed out in the tiny room.

Feng Jun and Li Hui looked at each other. Their task was only to get a grasp on Han Xiao's position, and Han Xiao knew this well, which was why he was acting fearless on purpose to declare that he still had something up his sleeve.

Suddenly, a deep voice was transmitted through the speaker in the interrogation room. "As you wish, I will talk with you."