Chapter 17: Kill

"Ugh... cough..."

Han Xiao suddenly heard another person making feeble noises. He followed the sound and found Hu Fei, who was riddled with 5 or 6 bullet holes. He was on the brink of death.

When he saw the handgun clutched in Hu Fei's hand, Han Xiao understood exactly what had transpired. Mixed emotions filled him.

"I told you the gun was dangerous... but you didn't listen..."

Hu Fei clutched onto Han Xiao's pants with a shaking hand. The sight of him crying was heartbreaking.

"I shouldn't have been so greedy! I I regret it so much... I was wrong... I was wrong..."

Hu Fei weakly lifted a finger to point at Kai Luo.

"Don't believe him... he betrayed my uncle..."

Hu Fei spurted out a big mouthful of blood.

"I will help you end your misery," said Han Xiao, shaking his head.

Crack!

"Don't listen to h-"

Before Kai Luo could finish his sentence, Han Xiao fired a shot. A hole appeared in his head.

Kai Luo's body collapsed to its knees.

"Everyone is dead. You should join them, too."

Han Xiao closed his eyes tightly.

Although Han Xiao's killing intent was skyrocketing, it was being restrained by his logic, much like a caged tiger. The cooler he appeared, the hotter he would erupt.

Han Xiao walked over to Hu Xuan Jun's body. His finger was still outstretched, pointing towards some car trails.

The exact opposite of where he had headed to!

Hu Xuan Jun had not sold him out.

Han Xiao's heart ached.

Even until the end, Hu Xuan Jun had looked out for him, an outsider.

_____________________

You have activated a Class-E Quest

[Revenge]

Quest Hint: Eliminate the Test Subject Squad

Quest Reward: 15,000 Experience

Han Xiao left the couple's side and walked into the tent to retrieve Hu Xuan Jun's prized bayonet musket. For a second, it seemed to glow and call out to Han Xiao.

"You want to avenge your partner, right?"

Han Xiao took all the guns in his bag and lay them beside the bayonet musket. He began to dismantle them and use their parts to remodel the bayonet musket.

Han Xiao's Basic Assembly and Basic Enhancement were both Lv. 10. Although the names of these two abilities were very simple, they were indispensable abilities of a mechanic.