11 - Episode 3 Fox Maiden

Day 3: Yunnan Province China - Early Afternoon

Vlad shook his head at the screen, “what you are saying is that you have fucked up again and lost us another shipment,” he said sternly but with sufficient tension in his voice to warn the listener that his life was nearly forfeited. “There was nothin’ we could do”, the scrawny scarred face cringing weasel of an excuse of a man whined back at him. Vlad licked his lips, “I’ll fly over personally and assess the situation, then I will tear you in half with my bare hands!” the man went white and tried to climb backwards into the wall behind the camera. Weasel had seen Vlad do this to shirking botch brained shipment managers before, which is how he had got the position.

“Honest boss, it was struck by lightnin’. I seen it me self, honest. We’d pulled the truck up to unload the container just as was planned and whump, this bang and a deafnin’ roar and the front of the truck was a crumpled heap. Three blokes went down straight after, shredded, an’ I seen it wid me own eyes! A silver flash, then the guys are torn apart, then the thunder!” Weasel was obviously shittin’ himself and Vlad realised he wouldn’t get anything more out of him.

“I ran round the back boss, to check the shipment and then bang, right in front of me the back gets blown off the container. Small bright flash then a bang and the locks burnt off and the doors fall open. Shit the stink of that thing. They’d been in there too long boss! Some were dead and the others all collapsed on the floor. A right fuckup even we’d got it delivered!. I tell ya, some weird shit here boss! I just scarpered, wasn’t hangin round for no shit!”

Vlad sat back and watched the replay on another window he had open. Within minutes of the attack the police had arrived and Weasel had hid out up the hill and videoed them shutting the place down. Fuck it, that was every shipment this month. Millions of dollars of girls and ephedrine for the labs to cook up into crystal meth or whatever was paying best!

Vlad flicked off Weasel’s window and brought up another. It showed aerial views of where two of his labs had been for cooking raw mahuang to extract the ephedrine. Another few videos showed where the mahuang had been grown - now all gone. Shit, he’d even had a license with the Chinese government to grow that herbal shit. The stuff was used all over their empire for their bloody flu remedies but … Someone had worked out the farms weren’t really legit and now his little drug empire was ashes. Well, best piss off before Madam Baihu tore his balls off and ate them in front of him.

He switched the windows to the internal security cameras. Baihu was still with the Doc. Good, let them fuck each other stupid for an hour, plenty of time to get away. He cleared his history, then shut down the monitor and tidied the desk, not leaving anything to give away his activities.

Quickly checking over the room he left it looking lived in, a few scattered clothes and an open book of russian poetry. He picked up his copy of “How the Kurds Destroyed Us,” then put it back. Every one knew of his obsession with revenge against the Kurds for taking Russia’s european oil and gas markets, so he would have to leave it. It was a signed copy too, damn kurdish fuckers!

He turned to the door and caught a movement out of the corner of his eye. He saw the new girl, the one that Baihu was so caught up with and had been bitten by earlier this morning. Jade Eyed One he called her. Fuck she was gorgeous and just the age he liked. She was sneaking across the garden outside and went into one of the small cabins among the Rhododendron garden. Hah maybe a little fun before he pissed off out of this shit hole.

He checked the room and nodded at his deception, then quietly made his way to the garage where he packed his few things into his SUV and then made his way through the side door to the garden. Taking advantage of the shrubberies and small groves of ornamental trees he came quietly upon the garden hut and found an uncurtained window. He was quite pleased with how quietly he had achieved all this considering every one called him Bear. Russian he was but he still liked the nickname. Cautiously he peered through the window and saw that the girl was packing things into a back pack. She too was getting out. Good, and he crept around to the door and opened it quickly to startle her.

Jade Eyed Flower Bud jumped back and grabbing a short knife from her pack held it out toward him. He smiled, this would be fun. He feinted with his right hand as if to grab her arm and she slashed at him. He grabbed her arm with his left and squeezed hard. She screamed and kicked his nearest knee sideways. Vlad stumbled and only just recovered but the pain told him she’d torn something in his knee. As he turned she followed through with her left hand and raked her nails across his face, leaving long red streaks.

Vlad let go and stumbled back his face on fire then he fell as he knee collapsed and he hit the floor with a thud. The room swam around him and he tried to see where she was so he could defend himself as she came at him. His vision was going and he couldn’t find her. Shit, shit, shit. Something bit his leg, and he kicked out but the thing was heavy and held on, then another grabbed his left arm. Fuck it a fox, and he tried to punch it and grab it’s neck but the fuckin’ thing was too fast.

Something landed on his chest and he was pushed back onto the floor. He couldn’t move, he had no strength. He struggled to move his head and saw her sitting astride him, but she had fox ears and soft for and fangs. He screamed with pain as she drove something into him and through the fog of the pain watched in horror as she drew up a blood drenched hand holding some part of him.

Jade Eyed Fox Faery grabbed her pack and fled the garden hut. The big russian bear lay writhing on the floor flailing at the air as if something was eating him. She ran and ran as far and as fast as her legs could carry her from that insane house. Let them destroy each other, all she cared was that she was free, just as the woman had promised her she would be if she did as she was told!